Thunderchicken

Compound or Traditional

Currently I'm old and lazy,  but if you're looking to get the most enjoyment from your hunting experience then nothing beats shooting critters instinctively.   :up:

10 point.JPG

• Agree 6

Started off with a recurve in 1974, switched to a longbow in 1982, and switched to using my own Hickory self bows in 1995.

1109151814.jpg

Edited by Nomad
  • Agree 7

MTH now THATS a neat trick how do you keep that arrow on the shelf when you hunt like that?

. Just wrap your serving slightly thick in the nock window. The nock point grabs tighter. You'll lose a fps or two but I'm shooting at game 25 yards or less so it doesn't effect my shooting.

Shooting a compound PSE now and been shooting compounds since forever. I don't see myself switching to anything else anytime soon.

• Agree 1

I've shot all makes of bows but shot my Mathews Switchback XT for a while. Favorite bow ever. Did shoot a lowbow for fun and took a doe and also shot pheasant on the wing with it too. Lots of fun. Now shooting a crossbow since major surgery but I'm still able to be out in the woods.

• Agree 5

Currently hunting with a compound, A PSE Source.

I really want to learn how to shoot a stickbow though. Nomad generously offered to show me the ropes when I get some free time and I'm definitely going to take him up on that offer sometime in the near future

• Agree 1

Rusty is hereby banned from displaying any additional pictures of his "traditional" deer harvests from the 70's until he does it again in 2017. lol

• Agree 2

Rusty is hereby banned from displaying any additional pictures of his "traditional" deer harvests from the 70's until he does it again in 2017. lol

were you and rusty big into disco and polyester pants back in them days

were you and rusty big into disco and polyester pants back in them days

No, I was just a kid in the 70's, wasn't permitted to wear the tight disco clothes. lol

• Agree 1

I shoot a 2015 PSE Source HD and a 1972 Bear Kodiak 50#

Due to a lot of overtime at work this year I was not able to get out with the Bear.  I will get back out with it in the 2017 season, but still love shooting the compound also.