IGNORED

Fluke setups(rod and reels)

Woodrufflou

Lets hear everybody's fluke setups. What rod and reel are you using? What do you have it spooled with?

My primary set up is a 7 ft tsunami with a shimano curado 301e7. Spooled with 10 pound fire line crystal. This setup is my primary buck tailing setup from 2 ounce to 6 ounce.

My heavier setup is a 7 ft medium heavy action st croix with an AVET sx. Spooled with 20 pound power pro. I use this setup for anywhere from 6 ounces to 14 if need be.

My light weight set up for a non existent or very slow drift to pitch out and jig back to the boat is a 6 foot 6 inch tica rod with a shimano Sahara spinning reel spooled with 10 pound fire line crystal.

Those are my 3 go to fluke setups.

Lets hear yours

"I am the MacGyver of cooking. If you bring me a piece of bread, cabbage, coconut, mustard greens, pigs feet, pine cones...and a woodpecker, I'll make you a good chicken pot pie." — Si Robertson

Are we allowed to say "ugly stik" in this thread? :D:D

Seriously, I'm grabbing your ear at the saltwater fishing expo in a few weeks. I have a nice 7ft GL3 with a Penn something-or-other with 10lb fireline.

But I need a good heavy/deep set up. That's what I'm looking for at the expo.

Bringing $$$ with me. :rock:

I have a custom made 8ft laminglas with an avet. The reel will soon be a trinidad or a saltiga. Next is an 8ft saltiga rod with a luna for the reel. This year i hope to get a new custom make seeker 8ft and put the new reel on it and use the laminglas as a back up. If i know im going to be fishing light weight i will use my 7ft seeker and throw the luna on it

Are we allowed to say "ugly stik" in this thread? :D:D

Seriously' date=' I'm grabbing your ear at the saltwater fishing expo in a few weeks. I have a nice 7ft GL3 with a Penn something-or-other with 10lb fireline.

But I need a good heavy/deep set up. That's what I'm looking for at the expo.

Bringing $$$ with me. :rock:

[/quote']

We will get you set up Sam. I love my AVET reel for the heavier setup. I've used up to 12 ounces no problem at all.

"I am the MacGyver of cooking. If you bring me a piece of bread, cabbage, coconut, mustard greens, pigs feet, pine cones...and a woodpecker, I'll make you a good chicken pot pie." — Si Robertson

Lamiglas 7030 with a Calcutta 400 bvs with 65 pound power pro up to 6 oz.Lamiglas 7040 with a Calcutta 400 b with power handle with 65 pound powerpro 6 to 12 oz.Spinning ouffit is a 7 foot cable blue runner with a stradic 400 with 30 lb power pro.I also just picked up a lami 7020 that I put a Calcutta 300 te on for another lighter setup.

Hunting and fishing is not a sport to me its a way of life:rock:

just remember Sam...Lou is by far a pro..he hit some retarded fish in the channel on the head and somehow managed to net it with a 12" crab net..no skill involved..there has been talk of it being brought up by a dragger as well..but hey..jack...hes my friend and ill stand by him:censored::banghead::doh2:

Hey, I once got handed down underwear and a paperclip for Christmas, and it was a great gift. - Si

Nice setups spent brass. Quick question though. Why such heavy line? Do you also use these setups for striper fishing ? Seems like 65 pound might be a little overkill for fluke. Not criticizing, just wondering.

just remember Sam...Lou is by far a pro..he hit some retarded fish in the channel on the head and somehow managed to net it with a 12" crab net..no skill involved..there has been talk of it being brought up by a dragger as well..but hey..jack...hes my friend and ill stand by him:censored::banghead::doh2:

Don't hate because you're not in the 10 pound club yet. One day grasshopper, one day

I usually fish real nasty stuff and have found that it offers more abrasion resistance and its 15 pound dia.I like to away as vertical as possible so if I have to up the weight of the bucktail no problem I have a ton of them lol

Hunting and fishing is not a sport to me its a way of life:rock:

:rofl:

Cool. We'll talk at the "Big pour" the following weekend.

Jeff, we're going that Saturday. I think it's 5/16.

I usually fish real nasty stuff and have found that it offers more abrasion resistance and its 15 pound dia.I like to away as vertical as possible so if I have to up the weight of the bucktail no problem I have a ton of them lol

:up: