IGNORED

Cut treestand.....Wow just crazy!!!!

Kilbo

I went out on public land on Saturday in zone 35 for some late season small game hunting. As I was walking a saw what I thought was a lock on stand on a tree. When I got closer I noticed it was a ladder stand that someone had sawed off the ladder in 4 spots leaving just the platform hanging from the tree. What makes people do this kind of stuff. I guess they couldn't steal it so they just hacked it up. :banghead: I saw 2 other stands on that piece of land that were untouched. I just don't understand some people. I went to 2 different public lands that day and saw a total of 4 stands and the only thing that went through my mind was why did they pick this spot and did I think it was a good choice. It's a shame what some people will do. OK my rant is over....stepping down from my box now. :rolleyes:

Aim Small Miss Small..........No such thing as a bad day spent hunting.

one thing that could help things like this IS NJ needs to put into place LAW that anyone, caught trespassing without a permission slip IN HAND from the owner loses what ever weapon he has with him AND pays a steep fine.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

most hunters are good people I would want to think' date=' but this new generation of hunters have no ethics what so ever. Ruining the sport

[/quote']

I don't necessarily agree with this cause some of us younger guys have their act together.

with that being said there are many clowns out there. :doh2:

People are crazy, and hunting/fishing makes the craziness come out

Deer huntin, chicken farmin, syrup makin, bee keepin, metal scrapin, duck hunter. pretty much...

I hunt in 35 and 27 alot, this happens all the time. Competition for decent hunting spots is bad down here. Deer numbers are not high, like north Jersey and when you find some sign, you find stands: ALOT of stands. Stealing and destroying stands is a common way to deal with the frustration is seems.

More people competing for fewer resources in recent years only makes it worse. Used to be just firearms season that was really bad but the same BS that was common in gun season now happens regularly in bow season too. Can't escape it any longer unless you go out of state.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

I hunt in 35 and 27 alot, this happens all the time. Competition for decent hunting spots is bad down here.

Then would definitely find a new spot to hunt. I've moved to different spots more than I can remember over the last 40 yrs due to other hunters creeping in and taking over my so called "honey hole". I now use a GPS and some how they still find my tree. :banghead:

In my opinion, it is not a matter of competing for resources that causes this. I don't think that a lot of hunters depend on shooting deer to feed their families throughout the year. If that were the case, I could at least understand it a little, but I doubt that is it. We all seem to have enough money to buy our license's every season, new bows, guns, stands and bait, charter fishing trips, drive SUV's that cost 25% of our homes, etc. If by resources, it is meant as land available to hunt, there are plenty of places to go on public land....

It is in my eyes it is drivin by ego, blatant lack of respect, envy, and no home training. We probably all know at least one person like this that we tolerate, look the other way for, or just grow apart from. I had a lot of gear stolen a few years ago from State land, so this is a sore topic for me. I know many on here probably are victim of this too. I reported it to the Police and F&G immediately. The police actually came out to my stand site and took a report, F&G not so. I was told that there is not much that can be done unless I catch the thief in the act and still my gear must be identifiable by me with some type of marking that is unique to me. So in reality it becomes an environment of unaccountability and these people know this. The likelihood of being caught and convicted is slim to non. They are crimes of opportunity and convenience. Basically cowardice.

People like this do not care what harm they cause to someone. They jack deer, cut straps on hang-on stands, trespass without regard and will use the excuse that it is not posted ( private property ) when you asked them why they are there...and they will steal your gear in a heartbeat. Then lie to your face when confronted. In their mind you are the strange on. They will brag about these things within their little circle of like minded types though.

Rant ended...

:D

You sure the guy didn't just take the lower section out with him to keep jackasses out of his stand?

I am pretty sure that is what happen, one he said cut the ladder off, you do not have to cut them, two, if he had something to cut the ladder, he would have just cut the lock and taken it all.

Just last year a friend of mine had a ladder stand in public land and some bolts were removed and straps cut. Sick people out there to do this knowing they can hurt someone. Always take a look up at the straps and give the stand a good wiggle to make sure know one has tampered with it before climbing up.

Why the assumption that another hunter did this? Could very well be the work of an anti hunter. Let's not assume the worst from one of our own. Besides, a hunter wanting to steal a stand will know just how to steal it so he can reuse it. An anti just wants the stand destroyed, he/she doesn't want to take that stand with them. Food for thought...

Why the assumption that another hunter did this? Could very well be the work of an anti hunter. Let's not assume the worst from one of our own. Besides' date=' a hunter wanting to steal a stand will know just how to steal it so he can reuse it. An anti just wants the stand destroyed, he/she doesn't want to take that stand with them. Food for thought...

[/quote']

Well in my case everything was taken. I was also told by people ( yea I know it is hearsay ) that a particular person in my area is know for doing this because he is bitter over loosing club property to F&G land purchases. He still feels/felt entitled to those lands exclusively.

It is in my eyes it is drivin by ego' date=' blatant lack of respect, envy, and no home training. [/quote']

This can be said for so much of issues today.

The Constitution only guarantees the American people the right to pursue happiness.

YOU HAVE TO CATCH IT YOURSELF - Benjamin Franklin

it is ego, todays up and coming hunters are all in competition and dont really enjoy what the sport is about. They are driven to kill the biggest bucks period. They will tresspass anywhere they put cams out in every piece of property. if they get a picture of a buck they want nothing stops them. This year alone I took down 3 set ups well within my private property. Doing that and putting notes on the guys trees did nothing. He killed the buck anyway then got a friend to lie when I called the wardens and said he killed it on his property 10 miles from where this buck was living and the friend has NO woods. I also had the straps to my climbing sticks cut and stolen from private and public land. I will bet that half of the bucks entered in the classic were taken from shady areas if not out right tresspassed to get them.

Ethics need to be reintroduced into our sport otherwise we will be the demise of it. it is said we have to worry about teh antis and our so called fellow hunters. I think hunter Ed needs to get tougher not make it easier for anyone to get a license. Rant over!