IGNORED

Halloween hunt

Oneday121o

Saw a different 4pt and 3 fawns and a adult doe. Cool part was watching this button buck follow the 4pt around doing the same thing he wa doing. The 4 was in a scrape marking his scent glands on the branches the button was watching and then started doing it too but he was not in a scrape. Cool stuff. Hunted a long time and never had a deer following and doing the same thing as the other deer. Guess he is learning o be a buck.

i had an interesting start today.. i head to a piece a doctor i work with lets me hunt in zone 10.  its about 1.5 hours from toms river so i don't get up there too much.  i park my car get out an immediately smell something dead... i have to walk about 400 yards from where i park to my stand , first through an empty plowed field , then through trails in woods.  soon as i walk through field , 10 yards onto trail there is a dead young doe all eaten up looks like coyote got to it (tons of paw prints, and poop around).  no idea how long its been there , wasnt there 4 weeks ago when i was there.  then I'm walking further and see vultures in the next property over.  curiosity gets the best of me, i walk onto that property and there is another small fawn ( had spots) all eating up ... looked much older then other one.  climb into my stand saw 2 does , and a 4 pointer.  the 4 pointer wasnt chasing at all though just hanging out . about 2pm i hear a bunch of horses going crazy.. (horse farm about 2 properties over with binos i can see) they are like freaking out, making loud horse noises which i have never seen before or heard for about 45 mins straight. ( couldn't see anything going after them) figured maybe a coyote or something but didn't see it.. all the action then died down.. as I'm climbing out of my stand about 6:30 ish i hear a loud hiss, similar to a house cat but much larger ( i have heard of bob cats on property but again haven't seen).. idk just an off day or something today

Also thought that today was a good day to hunt so I setup in a stand that I haven't sat all year. Wasn't in the stand 5 minutes and I hear something coming quickly from behind me. I slowly turn and see a bear running towards me. I didn't see any deer but watched these two the entire afternoon. It was very interesting getting out of the stand just before dark.

IMG_0582.JPG

Edited by Redman