IGNORED

So how long?

Roon

For the home butcher's? Do you age your meat? I have been told by many friends let it sit 3 weeks, I have OCD and have difficulty letting things sit that long, my current record is 19 days. I keep my refrigerator at 32 degrees so it wants to freeze but just cant. I am old but don't have old school thoughts, I don't like to see a whole deer hanging dead my goal is to break down and cool asap. So as stated how long do you let it rest, it seems dry and not good looking = yum and tasty

20160927_203052.jpg

20160925_171058.jpg

20160925_171109.jpg

20161003_192413.jpg

Edited by Roon

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

All exposed meat is trimmed away, and turned to dog food, what is left is nice deep color and moist, like stated my record is 19 days family and friends enjoy it , and it is actually nicer to cut at that point then fresh.

Edited by Roon

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

Hanging Time

65-70 degrees 24-36 hours

50 degrees 3-4 days depending on humidity

35-40 degrees 7-10 days (from the whitetail deer guide Copyright 1972) by Ken Hauser

I took these from a butchering deer book I’ve been following these guidelines for over 25 years as I do all my own butchering, grinding and sausage making. Also there is no fat sinew or hair. In all that time I may have found 2-3 hairs about a half inch, due to aging eye sight. No reason to have any foreign objects in your cuts. I can take a hind leg and drop it on the garage floor (which I protect) cover it in dirt and bring it in, rinse off and cut off the membrane and a piece of meat looking like a virgin. I may waste about 4lbs of venison but the final product is something no professinal can compare to. And I have recieved venison from so called pros. which were less than to my standards but they need to make$ and go quick, I take my time.