IGNORED

Question on Scouting New Public Land

My go to property in Z-7 is through a county program, and has yielded great results thus far (separate post on buck down to follow tonight). The only downside is that my privilege to hunt ends on Nov. 26th. The second property I have on reserve is a township program in Z-13. The reserve property has no restrictions on date, so I can hunt through mid February if I wanted to. The problem is that the high deer activity I had on camera has quickly diminished and the # of guys the township put on an 18 acre parcel is beyond ridiculous..

With that said, I find myself "stuck" come the end of November.

What is everyone's opinion about some "light" scouting on public land after the season has progressed up to the start of the rut..

This is a great time to scout new property. Deer patterns are already disrupted by the upcoming breeding, plus all the sign to show you where to set up is there for you. Only better time I think would be late February or march while shed hunting and setting mineral sites.

What is everyone's opinion about some "light" scouting on public land after the season has progressed up to the start of the rut..

I scout constantly during the season.  I avoid going during prime times or into areas where I know someone is already set up, but there's nothing wrong with scouting now.