IGNORED

Wtb slug gun 12 ga

PV216

Just seeing if anyone is selling a used slug gun before I go looking at new ones. Pm me if you have anything you're thinking of selling. Thanks.

Edited by PV216

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

gun-1_zpsa5b2d7e3.png

I hate to rain on your parade....go w a savage 220. Insane accuracy to 200 yds. Reasonable priced. I once refused to hunt w a 20 gauge, as I hunted w a 12 gauge 1100 w hastings barrel. There is no comparison on accuracy. However, if you are dead set on a 12....browning bolt

I hate to rain on your parade....go w a savage 220. Insane accuracy to 200 yds. Reasonable priced. I once refused to hunt w a 20 gauge, as I hunted w a 12 gauge 1100 w hastings barrel. There is no comparison on accuracy. However, if you are dead set on a 12....browning bolt

Agreed 100%.  I always doubted the 20 as a slug gun for deer until I picked up the Savage 220. The accuracy and "knock down" power is unbelievable at longer ranges, like nmc02 said above.

Edited by LPJR

With today's technology the 20ga is as good if not better then the 12ga. I own many slug guns in 12ga and 20ga, the 20ga is more accurate and takes game as good as the the 12ga.

I will agree the Savage 220 is a complete tack driver, my other 20ga slug guns are accurate but not as good as the 220.

I firmly believe the 3" shells are perfect in the 20ga, whereas the 2-3/4" shells are perfect in the 12ga

You're not raining on my parade. I guess I shoulda put 12 or 20 gauge. I would definitely buy a savage 20ga if the price was right.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

gun-1_zpsa5b2d7e3.png

I use a 12GA 11-87 with a cantilever rifled barrel. I'd love to see how well it rates against one of these Savages. Tack driver at 100-yards. Who wants to go to the range and slug it out? :rofl:

Sounds like it's time for a slugfest LOL I don't know back in the days of njh i challenged all the 220 lovers that claim these 3/4 inch groups to come to the range and shoot a couple groups as proof, not just one where you got lucky or really shot it at 50yds but prove it once and for all. I even offered to pay for the ammo... no takers since. Not saying the 220 isn't an accurate gun, but if you can shoot 3/4 groups all the time savage has made a slug gun that is more accurate and consistent than a rifle. I for one highly doubt that

AWM

Take your slugfest contest somewhere else jk lol. Ok I'm open to any 12/20 gauge slug gun in the 500$ price range.[emoji106]

gun-1_zpsa5b2d7e3.png