IGNORED

Dicks & Walmart in Freehold being dicks by lying about license sales to get you in the door?

gregtpal

I called Dick's yesterday in advance to make sure they could sell me a license because I've had problems before.  When I get there, I'm told the machine is down.  I mention I just called an hour ago & am told it just went down 1/2 hr ago.  So I shop a little, ask again, still down, shop some more, ask again, still down.  This goes on for about 1 1/2 hrs before I finally leave.  

I then call Walmart in Freehold, when they finally answer the phone, I ask if they sell licenses.  They put me on hold & then tell me "we can't sell you a license now".  I ask if that means the machine is down, the person selling them isn't there or they don't sell them at all.  I'm told they're not sure if they sell them or if some other issue is preventing them from being able to sell licenses.  I gave up.

I then Call L&H Outdoors in Wall & asking if their machine is down & am told it isn't.  I ask if it went down at all today & am told no.  They guy asks if I heard that from Dicks or Walmart?  I go there & get my permits.

I'm pretty sure Dick's is flat out lying about their machine being down because they don't want to bother selling licenses but they still want to get you in the door,  Probably a similar deal with Walmart or they couldn't hire a qualified person.

Anybody have similar experiences or am I calling conspiracy unreasonably & was just very unlucky yesterday?  If this is intentional, n future, I will make sure I patronize L&H and other local shops. 

I have been at the Dick's in brick and had to give up trying because the guy behind the counter couldn't figure out how to use the machine. I think they are just morons most of the time and not capable of conspireing. If anything its just laziness.

I have been at the Dick's in brick and had to give up trying because the guy behind the counter couldn't figure out how to use the machine. I think they are just morons most of the time 

That's how it was with my local Sports Authority - most of the time no one knew how to use the machine. There was usually one guy they would have to call from the back, and many times even he couldn't get it right. I stopped going there for licenses - a few months later, they went out of business. COINCIDENCE?????  :)

Now Bangers is closed down here - they were another stop for licenses that isn't around but I never had a problem with them getting the machine "to work". Bob's Little Sports Shop in Glassboro has a machine - never had problems getting licenses/permits from them either.

It seems the small sporting shops are intelligent enough to use the machines and keep them from going "down".

I think you are right - I think they don't have anyone that knows how to use the machine so they just say "it's down".

Never had a issue with these two stores buying licenses....as far as one machine being down and others working I have experienced this with the lottery machines, one store it's down I go across the street and its working