NJ Predator Hunters

I know everyone is mostly in bow mode now with the rut coming, etc. But the winter predator season is only a couple months away and who is looking forward to it ? Anyone pick up any new toys to try out (calls, rifles, loads, etc). Anyone going out of state ?  I'll be using the 204 Ruger again and want to get more use from the FoxPro call. Was out bow hunting the other week in Zone 23 and had a big yote come in behind me, had a nice coat

Edited by Silver Belly62

After winter bow is over, winter predator season is still open.  Just another great excuse to go out into the woods, and I look forward to it every year.

I use my Ruger AR-556 to hunt yotes in the woods.  I picked up an electronic caller and a motorized spinning tail thing for last year's season.  Went out on the coldest day of the year, but didn't see anything.  I think my call brought in a raptor.  I could see one in the trees flying closer and closer to the caller.  Was really cool to watch.

I will be out there again setting up and calling.  I look forward to it every year.

The Predator Rifle season is what I live for. Have a Sako L461 Receiver that's getting a 20 Practical Barrel. A new Ruger M77/22mag that I hope to get it's cherry broke on a Red. I worked up an accurate load for my Browning A Bolt .243 with 58gr V Max. Seems to be a lot of Fox around this year. Going to spend a few weekends up in Sussex County and try to connect with my first Coyote and Grey.

Ive been hunting the winter season since they allowed rifles and I have to say that yotes are a lot harder to call in then I gave them credit for.  I'm in an area thats loaded with them and was only able to get them in close enough to actually see twice and neither time had time to get a shot off.

Ive been hunting the winter season since they allowed rifles and I have to say that yotes are a lot harder to call in then I gave them credit for.  I'm in an area thats loaded with them and was only able to get them in close enough to actually see twice and neither time had time to get a shot off.

Me too. Once at Colliers Mills had them coming and some guy walking his dog came through our setup. Then once in Turkey Swamp we had one Barking just out of sight and it never came in. But we considered those victories cause we got them to come. We learn more every time out. Only a matter of time before we connect.