IGNORED

Full moon and heat wave

John B

Will not be good this week, but wait for next weekend.  The temperature drop should usher in great activity.  when you see a 15 to 25 degree day-time temperature change that's when action should pick-up.  We usually only get a few major temperature drops in the fall

Will not be good this week, but wait for next weekend.  The temperature drop should usher in great activity.  when you see a 15 to 25 degree day-time temperature change that's when action should pick-up.  We usually only get a few major temperature drops in the fall

Yeah next weekend should be good.   :up:

historically I have had some of my best hunts ever on 10/20.  I would not hunt next few days with this moon and temps, but I don't care what forecast is if I had a buck tag I would be in woods on 20th if I could. That's 32 years of bowhunting experience talking - something magical about that day and it generally seems sunny and in the low 70s on that date for some reason too.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

historically I have had some of my best hunts ever on 10/20. I would not hunt next few days with this moon and temps, but I don't care what forecast is if I had a buck tag I would be in woods on 20th if I could. That's 32 years of bowhunting experience talking - something magical about that day and it generally seems sunny and in the low 70s on that date for some reason too.

I took off work to hunt Thursday but was disappointed when I saw the weather. Your post has given me some confidence. I hope you are right

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I won't be out till Sunday, but my spot seems to be getting crowded lately, to late to do anything about it now, will have to start looking for a new spot next year, the state ruined it for me by cutting an access trail to it 3 years ago, that's when the hunting there dropped off, to many hikers and bike riders in a spot humans never went, now I'm seeing other hunters back there too. Oh well, good things seldom last.

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

Large mature 3 to 5 year old buck following a doe all around in the yard today at 930 am, so you never know if a doe comes in early. My plan is to get some work done early in the week and then hunt the end of the week with the cold front.

Had 2 nice bucks up in zone 2 walking fields with doe and could care less about them. Was happy to see it. Considering I took a week off in November, I don't want any early activity just yet, haha.