IGNORED

FTF pistol purchase

The application process is always the same through your police department of residency. Same as if you buying from a merchant. Get your permit from your local PD and fill out the part on the bottom for a private sale. Seller must mail white copy to NJSP. You or seller mails or brings yellow copy to issuing agency. You get the pink copy, seller retains blue copy.

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

I didnt think you could do ftf sales of handguns, only long guns. To purchase a handgun from private party you still need to go to an FFL dealer. You can meet at a shop, no shipping necessary as long as both are NJ residents.

Absolutely 100 percent incorrect. The process I outlined above is the correct and lawful process. An FFL is only needed for an out of state purchase. That is not what I "think", it is what I "KNOW to be 100 percent correct and accurate"

Edited by Bucndoe

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Pistol sales must go through ffl.

I think the form is a 4473.

I am not a lawyer.

Edited by thefirstndsecond

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

Pistol sales must go through ffl.

I think the form is a 4473.

I am not a lawyer.

Incorrect look at the bottom of any Handgun Permit, there is part A and part B. One for a merchant sale and one for a private party sale. The form you mention is IF THE SALE GOES THROUGH AN FFL 

wow didnt know that. When I lived in NJ and bought my 38 from my uncle I had to go to Sportsman Center with him to have a transfer done, but that was over 10 yrs ago. Here in Pa I def have to go to an FFL for handgun transfer because the PICS check is done then, and the shop gets their $40 fee. I learned somthin today, good luck!