IGNORED

Unsportsmanlike conduct for the bear season

njdeerhunter54

While reveiwing my trailcam pics saw someone standing on my baitpile Sunday afternoon holding a cellphone in one hand and a small bag in the other hand. I assumed he was pinning my bait site. Since i tagged out on Monday a friend was going to sit my bait tommorrow, but when he got to the parking spot a guy was coming out from the direction of my bait. It turns out I was correct , he returnen and freshened my bait site and told my friend that he is sitting there with a muzzleloader tommorrow. This guy this taking advantage of all my work for the past month driving an hour each way twice a week. All the time I spent collecting bait and so forth.

Another friend made the trip up on Sunday to freshen his bait. In the parking lot were a couple of trucks with Alabama plates. He gets to his bait site and five guys approached him. They stated that they put a line of five baits in starting 100 yards from his bait and every 100 yards after that. Then they asked if he had the barrel there . That was when he noticed his  bait barrel was gone, he said yes it was his barrel. They said we took it and laughed. m My friend said there was not much he could do being there were five of them. Luckily he had another bait setup elsewhere.

My friend said some people may have some flat tires by weeks end !

While reveiwing my trailcam pics saw someone standing on my baitpile Sunday afternoon holding a cellphone in one hand and a small bag in the other hand. I assumed he was pinning my bait site. Since i tagged out on Monday a friend was going to sit my bait tommorrow, but when he got to the parking spot a guy was coming out from the direction of my bait. It turns out I was correct , he returnen and freshened my bait site and told my friend that he is sitting there with a muzzleloader tommorrow. This guy this taking advantage of all my work for the past month driving an hour each way twice a week. All the time I spent collecting bait and so forth.

Another friend made the trip up on Sunday to freshen his bait. In the parking lot were a couple of trucks with Alabama plates. He gets to his bait site and five guys approached him. They stated that they put a line of five baits in starting 100 yards from his bait and every 100 yards after that. Then they asked if he had the barrel there . That was when he noticed his  bait barrel was gone, he said yes it was his barrel. They said we took it and laughed. m My friend said there was not much he could do being there were five of them. Luckily he had another bait setup elsewhere.

My friend said some people may have some flat tires by weeks end !

Why didn't the first friend say something along the lines of 'My buddy & I set up & maintain this bait site.  I'm hunting there tomorrow.?

Go back on hunting day, take photos of vehicles and license plates, and call a CO.

When the CO gets there, explain that they took your stuff and/or threatened you.  Then we'll see who's laughing.

I always prefer to play by the rules and call an appropriate referee in when I think the other team isn't playing fair.  Let the ref sort it out.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.