My Father Passed Away Last Night.

Tarhunt

It's been a very rough year for me. And now after a short battle with leukemia, my dad developed a blood clot a few days ago that went into his brain. He just could not recover from it. He was 78. He was an absolutely great father. He always took time out of his day to take us fishing or hunting. He was always involved in Boy Scouts and in youth groups. He also dedicated his time in getting and keeping kids into shooting sports in Virginia. They even named a shooting lane after my father. He was heavily involved in the NRA and in the Republican Party. I miss him so much. We got to see him today to say our final good byes. Even though, he was six hours from me, I always took the time to take my sons down to his farm in Virginia to do some fishing and hunting. Damn! Life sucks sometimes.

Edited by Tarhunt

Very sorry to hear.  May he rest in peace.  My Dad passed away 7 years ago.  He helped me and taught me all about hunting and fishing and we shared many hunting and fishing trips.  A lot of adventures!   LIke you probably did. When he got old then it was my turn to help him.  Although I couldn't help too much; as he was a smart, strong, tough, cranky old goat, even at 92.   I think our Dads will live in us as we share the common blood, and in spirit, as long as we remember them and talk of them often.  God bless...

Edited by Nomad