IGNORED

Decent Deal on 870

MTH

While I'm not one to tout Dick's, they are running a great deal on the 870 express mag right now. The gun in 20 or 12 is at $249 after rebate.....I cashed in my Christmas gift cards on a new 20 gauge. Felt a bit out of place hunting pheasant last year with the 12 gauge....I was the guy that sounded like a cannon who fired and everyone turned their heads. Not this season  

Edited by MTH

While I'm not one to tout Dick's, they are running a great deal

Yeah this is the kinda thing I was talking about in another thread.. The big guys do sometimes have a genuine good deal worth considering.. If I wanted an 870 I'd consider buying it.. :cupcoffee:

:D

"I didn't know 20ga was the gun of choice for pheasant"

Ditto.. Don't recall anything other than 12 gauge dominating the pheasant fields when I hunted them in NJ..  I noticed a good mix of gauges but 12's certainly weren't in the minority.. :hmmmer:

:D

The guns Remington sells to Dicks are slightly different than other 870s or were.  There is plastic where steel is normally used, etc. to keep costs down.  But it's still an 870 for a great price.  

As for pheasants, I would say 9 out of 10 hunters use 12 gauges from what I've witnessed the last 41 seasons.  I use either my 20 or my .28 over the dog.  I've actually had hunters comment (negatively) when they see the little SxS 28 until they realize I can shoot the pointed birds well within 25 yards which is more than enough with the 28 and high brass 6s.  

Without a dog, I have always used a 12 to reach out and touch the roosters that always seem to pitch past waaaaayyyy over my head.......

That is after hearing about 30-40 shots as it comes closer across the fields at Flatbrook.....

I could swear that I heard what sounded like a lead filled balloon hit the ground when one of the cockbirds finally folded last year :shock: .... lmao! 

Edited by LPJR