IGNORED

Dove Hunting report from Virginia

Axiom

.. IT SUCKS... I mean, IT REALLY REALLY SUCKS!!!...  I've never had a worse day of dove hunting in my LIFE!!...And it wasn't just the location I was in.. Word is the shooting was painfully slow EVERYWHERE in the Hampton roads area.. WHY?.. God only knows the REAL answer. But some hunters suggested the Tropical storm that blew through over the weekend pushed the birds west, other hunters suggested the wet summer was a little hard on the Hatchlings.. My personal feeling was the corn and sunflower were bush hogged too recently and the birds don't know there is food there yet..  What ever the case, IT SUCKED ...

Got to the field 2 hours early so as to beat the rush to the prime spots..  TO LATE, they were already taken.. So we just set up on the corner of the field..  By the noon opening time there were ruffly 100 hunters there surrounding a 60 acre field..  Sounds like a lot but, it  wasn't too bad really.. seemed like it would be just enough to keep the birds flying.. Problem was almost NO birds showed up for todays planned festivities.. Bag limit here is 15 per day.. I only saw 6  and only got a shot at 1.. That's 6 birds and 1 shot in 7 hours... 9 hours if you count the 2 hours I was there before legal shooting time..  Nobody there was doing any better than myself..Some of the hunters apparently decided to supplement there hunt by shooting at purple martins, kill deer, meadowlarks, dragon flies, butterflies, bumble bees or anything else that flew by..  Cant say I blamed them much... :down:

I can only hope today wasn't a hint at what the rest of my hunting season will be like... :whatever:

:D

Too bad... 100 hunters looking at each other....

Thats pretty much what it boiled down to..  Just a bunch of guys lining the border of a cut field holding guns  just looking at each other with that " what the F " look all day...

hey atleast you got a dove season.

.. True... But yesterday has me questioning the usefulness of a dove season when there arent any doves to shoot.. It's kinda like, according to some hunters in NJ,  having a deer season in NJ's WMA's.... :rofl: :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...