IGNORED

Butchers near Sparta

Rusty

Are there any reputable butchers close to Sparta, zone 6?  

I've always butchered my own, and will continue to do so, but with the management hunts we always end up with "a few" extra.  I'd like a place nearby that I could just drop them off and those that wanted them could go pick them up themselves.    

Rusty,

I have used Frank's Deer Processing for years.....Not sure if so close to Sparta, but straight up 206 @ 4-5 miles past the entrance to Stokes Forest...

Walk in Freezer, vacuum sealed cuts, specialty cuts, etc......When we did the park cull hunts 10 years ago, I dropped off anything extra for friends who went directly there and picked up the venison...

His number is 862-268-2441.

Lou

Jorge and Son is who I used the year I had open heart surgery.  He does an excellent job, is a great guy, and has both a giant freezer and giant refrigerator.  He's nearby.  I've sent a bunch of folks to him since and all have been very happy with his work including specialty items.   

Jorge and Son is who I used the year I had open heart surgery.  He does an excellent job, is a great guy, and has both a giant freezer and giant refrigerator.  He's nearby.  I've sent a bunch of folks to him since and all have been very happy with his work including specialty items.   

:agree: I almost forgot Jorge.......True gentleman, and his shop is immaculate. Only @ 5 minutes from Ross's Corner. (It is close to Kittatinny High)........be prepared to take away the bones and hide in a box when you leave with the venison however......

Edited by LPJR

:agree: I almost forgot Jorge.......True gentleman, and his shop is immaculate. Only @ 5 minutes from Ross's Corner. (It is close to Kittatinny High)........be prepared to take away the bones and hide in a box when you leave with the venison however......

That does turn off some folks, but for those of us that butcher our own, we are totally used to throwing away the bones and hide in our regular garbage pick up as the Division suggest.  He puts them in a box and you just dump it in your garbage at home.  

I picked up a card from Jorge at the Whittingham bow shoot and will try them out this season. You also have Fred's Custom Cuts in Stanhope...but I'm not sure Fred is cutting this year. His son just passed away and I know he and his wife are pretty devistated so I'm not sure how he'll feel about working the extra job this season

Hey Rusty - 

I have used Frank's Deer Processing for years.....Not sure if so close to Sparta, but straight up 206 @ 4-5 miles past the entrance to Stokes Forest...

Walk in Freezer, vacuum sealed cuts, specialty cuts, etc......When we did the park cull hunts 10 years ago, I dropped off anything extra for friends who went directly there and picked up the venison...

His number is 862-268-2441

This is the same Frank I use exclusively to do my butchering - he does deer and bear.  He also does all my taxidermy.  He's a friend of mine - tell him you know me, if you ever take a stop up there .............