IGNORED

Bear Contest

Buck154

What the thought on having a bear contest? I was just thinking since there is a team, individual and youth for deer why not one for Bear! Could go by total weigh for the 2 season. A person could win with a single bear or combined weigh of 2. Someone could easily win with a single one here. Lets hear any thoughts on this?

Edited by Buck154

I can help with this, but have NO idea how to structure a bear contest for scoring, etc.

Let me know what I can do, and I can set up the topics and scoreboards, etc.

You'd really have to use weight. Not many of us get our bear skulls measured and if we did, it takes something like 90 days to dry before scoring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd really have to use weight. Not many of us get our bear skulls measured and if we did, it takes something like 90 days to dry before scoring.

Extra points per BEAR Group member protesting you at the check-in station.  I would think +1 point per protester, but that skews north bears because the BEAR group is too lazy to drive south of rt 80 to protest.  That would be unfair to the S. Jersey folks.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

Extra points per BEAR Group member protesting you at the check-in station. I would think +1 point per protester, but that skews north bears because the BEAR group is too lazy to drive south of rt 80 to protest. That would be unfair to the S. Jersey folks.

I would win hands down then! Was present 2 years when that whacko community college professor got arrested trying to harass me (one time) and TroutandBucks (last year). That has to count for something [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Yes I was thinking it has to be weight. Jersey has some Heavy weights here so if someone shoots one giant he/she could win but also some one that hunts both season and takes a bear in each could very easily win too. Its tough for me being almost 2 hours away but I'd be in any way

You must have a picture of yourself and the protesters, otherwise it doesn't count.  We don't want anyone cheating.   :rofl:    

I do!  It was a picture in one of the big papers last year.  The professor rushed Mike's truck as we were pulling out of the check station, but we had no idea he was arrested for blocking us until we read it in the paper and saw his truck with us both in it. 

I'm sure you will put one down with the bow :up:

After last year's episode with the anti's(?) I'm laying low on putting too much out there, but I am hoping it works out for me this year ;)

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member