IGNORED

Dicks is now off my sh*t list

Axiom

..   Yeah Ever since Dicks banned AR's from its stores for political reasons I've pretty much been boycotting their stores.. My reasons were just.. You don't call yourself an American  while supporting the communist cause like they did, and expect real, vintage Americans like me to spend their money there.. However, Here in Va Beach Va there opened a new Field and stream Store.. Connected to a Dicks.... I thought that was odd so I asked questions.. Seems Dicks owns the rights to field and stream outlet stores while some other organization owns the rights to the field and stream magazine and yet another organization owns the rights to the field and stream label..  What a cluster "F"  eh?.....  But anyway.. The thing is is THEY SOLD AR's..  So, in return I removed my sanctions.. At least in this area anyway.. :cupcoffee:

:D

still not impressed ,would never by anything from dicks again while looking at a gun on the shelf was asked for a FID and DL or i need to move on another occasion i over heard the employees saying the store was so busy the manager shut down the license machine because they sell licenses as more of a courtesy than as a money maker and that person would be more useful doing other things when busy.....

still not impressed ,would never by anything from dicks again while looking at a gun on the shelf was asked for a FID and DL or i need to move on another occasion i over heard the employees saying the store was so busy the manager shut down the license machine because they sell licenses as more of a courtesy than as a money maker and that person would be more useful doing other things when busy.....

I was planning on lifting my Dicks boycott as well but after this I am re thinking this.

" Maybe all Dicks are not the same "

Yeah I hear you..  I still wouldn't buy from the  Dicks store in Rockaway NJ..  Last time I was there, Like buckhound,  they wouldn't let me touch a gun with out an FID card.. The thing is I HAD ONE but I had moved so the addresses didn't match up with my DL.. Not only that but every time I asked for a little help with finding something or whatever they acted like they were doing me a favor.. But that kind of service isn't endemic to Just Dicks.. I got bad service at the Lubbock Texas Cabelas I shopped at a week or so ago.. I asked for a little help and all I got was an aggressive Salesman.. He wanted me to buy all kinds of things I didn't want nor need.. Had to tell the guy to get lost.. Not to mention their prices on almost EVERYTHING were a little on the fat side..With large chain retailers its kinda hit and miss I guess.. Same with Ma and Pa's though.. ..  But i'll take Ma and Pa over the Mega retailers anyday.. Once the Big guys start thinking they have political influence they'll abuse it.. Like Dicks did a few years ago..

Edited by Axiom

maybe all dicks are not the same but the one in millville left a bad taste ...... 

Wow, too easy. 

I had an issue in the Millville store. They are supposed to price match and when I tried to get them to price match Walmart, the mangers said they don't match all stores, just some...like stores with higher prices. So I got what I needed at Walmart...it was 2 items, several of each... and saved about $30.00. My brother, who is a manager at anther Dicks Sporting Goods store said they do match Walmart, and that manager just didn't want to do it. Seems the Millville store had/has bad staff. 

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

NJ and Virginia are two completely different places with completely different cultures

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

i was just leaning over the counter looking not trying to hold it and the guy wanted an FID and DL or i had to leave the counter.....

Good grief.. Automatic disqualifier right there.. Ya cant even look without touching.. Now that's get'n bad.. :cupcoffee:

millville is the one i mostly go in, been in the one in EHT a few times but not to look at guns they all seem to follow the same rules.and to be honest nothing worse than some college age kid that may have never touched a gun or hunted ever telling you to by some overpriced gadget because its the newest thing and everybody has one.I seem to get better deals from mom and pop stores anyway thats where i usually get my guns....

I seem to get better deals from mom and pop stores anyway thats where i usually get my guns....

Some times U can, and sometimes you cant.. I just bought a seat cush'n for my shoulder to reduce recoil when I shoot from a Ma/pa store for $9 and some change.. Saw the EXACT same thing at Field and Stream for a little over $12..  Also priced a Winchester 270win and it was about $100 cheaper vs Dicks or FS.. So yeah I try to stick to Maw and Paw.. But ya never know when Dicks or another BIG guy will have a blow out sale that's worth considering...