IGNORED

Chiggers!!!!! Are moving north

Buck154

Chiggers or Red Bug seam to be moving more and more north over the past 15 years that I've see :shock: . Where has anyone else seen them? Part of the state? 10-15 years ago they started in Jackson and now it is thick with them and Jackson/Howell area. Now the past 3 years I'm seeing them in South Brunswick areas, getting bad now :banghead:

They are one of the things I do NOT like about living in South NJ!  Wow up in South Brunswick?!?! :eek:

Definitely sounds like they are moving north for sure!  Yikes!

I've been hunting the same property for 15 years and they just started showing up in SB 3 years ago. They are pretty bad this year

I hate those things!  I have been all Chiggered up twice in my hunting career.  It will ruin your entire summer.  Usually happens now when we are doing stand maintenance.  I don't go in the summer woods anymore without proper boots, clothing and chemicals.  Learned my lesson.  Yeah we got'em good in the Red Lion Circle area.

I hate those things!  I have been all Chiggered up twice in my hunting career.  It will ruin your entire summer.  Usually happens now when we are doing stand maintenance.  I don't go in the summer woods anymore without proper boots, clothing and chemicals.  Learned my lesson.  Yeah we got'em good in the Red Lion Circle area.

Chig Away, comes in a green bottle and smells like sulfer.  That and pantyhose under my pants, and a rubber band around my ankles and I only ended up with half a dozen chigger bites when in VA 2 week-ends ago.

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

No!! Don't say that! I just got back from Virginia and I got Chigger bites all over my body and I sprayed my myself down with insect repellent. Their bites itch for months.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

The Gap is full of them.  When I worked on the electrical transmission line upgrade project off Old Mine and Millbrook Roads, the tall ferns and other herbaceous plants were full of them.  I had them real bad on my ankles, but some folks had them real bad around their waste line.  They were bad in the Montville/Kinnelon area, but not as bad as the Gap.  Only thing that seemed to work to relive the itch was clear nail polish.