IGNORED

another one bites the dust at rv.

rgw

I would love to know if this guy was dressed in all black. in front of ramp this weekend me and the boy saw a guy go over, it took him a little bit to right the canoe and get back in but he did, then preceded to go out inlet. me and the boy both said the guy was nuts. then I said the gene pool has to be weeded out somehow. would love to know if it was the same guy.

Both Round Valley and Spruce run are great fishing lake, but rgw is right, when that wind kicks up, all hell breaks loose.  There are also some wicked storms that cross both lakes, and there are a lot of inexperienced people on that water.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I used to do a lot of kayaking. We kayaked 52 weeks a year in the  ocean, rivers and bays. Our group practiced rescues and we all wore PFD's carried tow ropes, cell phones and VHF radios.

The one thing I remember from one of the classes that I took was the 50 ~ 50 ~ 50 Rule.

If you are in 50 degree water and 50 yards from shore you have a 50% chance of making it to shore.

Why......   hypothermia sets in quickly !

And, it is amazing how many people go in or on the water without any knowledge of that environment or precautions to take.

Edited by RPK0620

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

that resivoir goes from glass, to the ocean on a bad day in a matter of mintues. i assume its the way the wind blows through there. i have had a couple close calls. including one time my transom breaking apart. lucky i was close to ranger cove. i beached the boat there, and then walked back to the boat launch to get truck and trailer. that was the last time i bought i a used boat.

The one thing I remember from one of the classes that I took was the 50 ~ 50 ~ 50 Rule.

If you are in 50 degree water and 50 yards from shore you have a 50% chance of making it to shore.

Why......   hypothermia sets in quickly !

Cold water is no joke.  

its not a death trap just dumb people who have no clue the wrath she can bring if you dont respect her and are on your game. been fishing it since I was old enough to hold a rod.

For those of us that grew up on the lakes and in the woods this all seems like common sense, but there are more and more people in today's society that have zero experience in the outdoors.