IGNORED

NJW&W Offshore Tuna Trip - List of Interest

BowhunterNJ

I see a few guys might be interested in heading out this fall for some offshore tuna action.

Will do some research on boats and availability once we get enough guys.

Would ideally like to run 4-6 guys on a charter wherever the fish are biting :)

Note, these trips aren't cheap when considering base fare and tip for the mate! Normally I'd expect in the $700-1000 range per person (assuming 6 people and more with 4).

Will see if rgw's brother is running trips and willing to take us on, if not please feel free to provide any boat recommendations on experience! :up:

If interested, please response with:

- Username

- Availability: Midweek only, Weekend only, or Any

- Conflicting Dates (probably looking at September)

1. BowhunterNJ

Availability: Any (Midweek preferred to avoid the crowds)

Conflicting Dates: None

2. Keith (BowhunterNJ's friend)

Conflicting Dates: None

3. MeatEater (A.K.A.FishEater)

Conflicting Dates: Sept 28

4. allmann

Conflicting Dates: Would depend on how much notice

OK I hate to admit this being as most guys and gals on here think I am tuff but..................... I get seasick :rofl:

So unless you need some extra Chum I will sit this one out. :up:

Sent from my flip phone with the big buttons so I can see them

6k for a tuna trip? Holy mackeral

Yeah it gets up there depending on the boat you go on.  Obviously the bigger, the more comfortable, etc.

Here's the rate list from the Blue Runner boats, of which rgw's brother runs one:

http://www.bluerunner.fishing/rates

No Limit runs with max 4 at $2400, so that's $600 a person without tip included.

Waterproof runs with a max of 6 for $4000, so that's ~$667 a person without tip included.

Blue runner runs with a max of 6 for $6000, so that's $1000 a person without tip included.

Even the "big" head boats like the Voyager run with 26 max at $350/person and $25 rod rental without tip included.

Just not too comfortable for such a long trip and I'd rather fish something smaller to do a troll/chunk/troll type trip.

The cheapest route is always "knowing" someone who has a private boat and will split costs, but the ones we're looking at are running as businesses and priced as such.  Of course, if someone knows someone who knows someone who knows a guy who's best friend's neighbor's third uncle's sister's accountant's golf buddy operates a private boat and can get better pricing...feel free to PM me with details! :D

I just looked at the site, cant believe under list of things you cant bring bananas isnt listed. it may not say it but position of bananas gets you thrown overboard.

That's funny!  Didn't even think of it!  I don't care about bananas, but agreed I've seen plenty of captains and fishermen act like you're bringing a nuclear bomb on boat with a banana in your cooler! :rofl:

562c59a8013c4.jpg

I was on a sharking trip one time board out of my skull, no life out ther what soever all day. then one guy pulled a banana out of his cooler and started to eat it. the capt. saw it from fly bridge and flew down ripped it out of his mouth threw it in the water then threw the guys cooler with more bananas in it over, then ripped the guy a new a#s hole. funny part was not 20 min later we were hooked up with a blue dog then a hammer after that then a bunch of blue dogs the rest of the night. I am a believer