BowhunterNJ

NJ Butchers List

On 10/11/2018 at 7:30 AM, BillW0323 said:

Here’s one close to Bergen County if anyone needs it.

3CAF6333-5933-4998-85C2-0FD3B4BB00EA.jpeg

Have you ever used him? Vacuum bags? Sausage? Any info on this butcher would be appreciated!

53 minutes ago, VFL said:

Have you ever used him? Vacuum bags? Sausage? Any info on this butcher would be appreciated!

I have not used him. I plan on trying him out this season. I mainly use Jimmy Young because I hunt 2 miles from him.

I tried Ely's last yr and wasn't supper happy. Didn't care for the bone in butcher cuts. Their pepperoni was REALLY good, but the Maple bacon was MEH. Jerky was ok. Italian sausage...I've had others with more seasoning.

2 hours ago, megavites said:

I tried Ely's last yr and wasn't supper happy. Didn't care for the bone in butcher cuts. Their pepperoni was REALLY good, but the Maple bacon was MEH. Jerky was ok. Italian sausage...I've had others with more seasoning.

Your the first person I ever herd that didn't care for them. Their deer roll is out of the world along with slim jims

Last year  looking for a replacement for Jorge I checked with Guy Cisterino and Brain Laube.  Both are about the same distance from my home in opposite directions. I spoke with Cisterino and he sounded good, but I didn't shoot a deer last year so I didn't use him. I had heard good things about Laube in the past, but he didn't answer the phone or return my calls.