IGNORED

Anyone fly quadcopters ?

Lemmy

After practicing on mini quadcopters, I purchased this. I've been researching on how to become a safe and competent operator through online forums, tutorials and written manual. I'm just wondering if anyone in the NJW&W community flies a "drone" and has any advice for a newbie. Big sigh..( I should have bought another bow )image.jpeg

• 1 year later...

I am going to raise this thread from the dead.  Because I can.

Lemmy, I am looking at drones right now, for no good reason.  I got a cheap one, and, well, it was a cheap one.  $129 from Amazon and within two hours it's back in the box with a return shipping label.

I see you got a Phantom 4.  How do you like it?  Those things aren't cheap.  I was just looking at a Phantom 3 Advanced refurb.  I didn't want to go the super expensive extreme route, but it is a DJI.

I'd be interested to see what your feedback is on the 4 and DJI in general.  Since it's been a year, and you're in Hawaii now, I'm sure you've put a lot of miles and hours of flight time on this bad bear.

If anyone else has gone the drone route, I'd like to see what your experiences have been like.  For me it's just something new to annoy my neighbors and people I haven't met yet.  Maybe I could mod it to spy on the Russians and steal Hillary's email password (which in the past was BillIsACreep).

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I got a $100 Syma drone off Amazon last year. I wish I was able to put it in a box and return it but as soon as it took flight. The drone stopped responding and just like that I was out of $100 faster then a bad bet in Atlantic City.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Yep

Anyone recognize this town ?

Is that the town where 519 stops on the crest of a hill and you have to make a left turn at a stop sign?  If so, horrible spot to get stuck in traffic while on a motorcycle.  That usually happens to me when I'm on my way to Hot Dog Johnny's.

So which drone model is that?  The crap one I got from Amazon didn't make it over my house, but it did trim my lilac bush a bit.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I have a small drone. I haven't used fpov.

Start small and in expensive so you learn controls.

The go bigger.

I flew all kinds of model airplanes from 12 years old until I was 33.

Start where there is plenty of room

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford