IGNORED

Round Valley Reservoir

Gman

I'm going to meet my son at RVR for a fathers day trout fishing outing.  Planning on Friday afternoon / evening.  We will be fishing from shore.

Does anyone have any recommended spots or bait/lures to try?  It's not so important to catch fish as it is to have a few hours with my son but if you could PM me any advice or tips I would appreciate the help. 

Thank you and Happy Father's Day to all the Dads! 

Plenty of good shoreline to fish, snags around the right side where the trees are. 

52 minutes ago, jumpthestring said:

Can't go wrong with live herring and weight.

Yes sir just hard to keep alive you need an aerator

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

35 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Phoebe , and panther martin spinners worked along the shoreline take a lot of trout .

if want to bait fish , a night crawler with a marshmallow works well with a bank sinker 

Two very good spinners. Do you have a color preference? 

Never heard that combo a walker and a marshmallow? 

I'm thinking main line through a slip sinker.small barrel swivel 3 ft leader marshmallow threaded up the hook above the shank for buoyancy:think:

How would you rig it Dan  .. Rusty wants to know got a picture? 

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

9 hours ago, Gman said:

I'm going to meet my son at RVR for a fathers day trout fishing outing.  Planning on Friday afternoon / evening.  We will be fishing from shore.

Does anyone have any recommended spots or bait/lures to try?  It's not so important to catch fish as it is to have a few hours with my son but if you could PM me any advice or tips I would appreciate the help. 

Thank you and Happy Father's Day to all the Dads! 

Cool way to be with your son:up:

I don't live too far from round valley,

Don't have the forecast yet,Hope the weather will be better on Sunday than it is on Friday call me after the storms. 

Screenshot_20240610-185043.png

17 hours ago, hunterbob1 said:

Two very good spinners. Do you have a color preference? 

Never heard that combo a walker and a marshmallow? 

I prefer gold for both the phoebe and the PM. 

Google M&M bait,  Marshmallow and Meal worms...

Yes Carolina rig, I use about 18" -24"  of 4lb floro for the leader. if I want to keep the bait closer to the bottom I just put the smallest splitshot I have above the bait at the depth I want. 

image.png.086dc986b1f78ea7b2d1e54314a8bf44.png

Saw a few other lakes in the area that are stocked, anyone have any info about Amwell Lake, Rosedale lake, Manny's Pond?  How's the bank fishing at Merrill Creek? 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Gman said:

Saw a few other lakes in the area that are stocked, anyone have any info about Amwell Lake, Rosedale lake, Manny's Pond?  How's the bank fishing at Merrill Creek? 

Thanks!

Going to be beautiful at RV Sunday. 

If you can get there when the sun's coming up best chance of the fish biting

Screenshot_20240611-150831.png