IGNORED

Hunters Call To Action

Sparta Mountain WMA Forest Stewardship Plan

My fellow NJ hunters. 

I am asking for your help and I have tried to make it as easy as possible.
Please take a moment to comment on this project. Its very easy to do just click on the link.
Its being smeared by lies from animal rights groups and the sierra club of NJ if we allow them to bully the state into backing down here we are truly finished in NJ

NJDEP Division of Fish & Wildlife - Sparta Mountain WMA Forest Stewardship Plan Comment Form

Simply copy and paste this in the comment section or add to or write your own comments. 

I support the proposed plan for active forest management based on the creation of 10% of the WMA to early successional habitat (ESH)
I am a grouse hunter and I am looking forward to see an age and structure class that benefits not only grouse but a diversity of songbirds in regional decline
Increased ESH creates habitat for pollinators (insects), cover for young birds and other wildlife, nesting habitat, escape cover, wildflowers, forage and you and other users of the WMA will benefit from increased wildlife encounters. 
I appreciate that all activities proposed by the NJ Division of Fish and Wildlife are centered in creating quality wildlife habitat and protecting our sustainable natural resources. 

The public comment section is only open till March 31st. 
Please pass this on to anyone you think would like to help.

:hmmmer: .. Interesting.... By my observations, Hurricane Sandy by itself created enough ESH in Zones 8&9 and prolly a lot more than what's needed in zones further south... Not sure how far or how much destruction occurred above I80 though.. More info needed... :cupcoffee:

:D

:hmmmer: .. Interesting.... By my observations, Hurricane Sandy by itself created enough ESH in Zones 8&9 and prolly a lot more than what's needed in zones further south... Not sure how far or how much destruction occurred above I80 though.. More info needed... :cupcoffee:

Sandy damage in the NJ Highlands were largely very limited compared to the shore areas to our east.  I manage a forest on Sparta Mountain adjacent to the WMA and we had exactly 3 oaks fall over more than 100 acres of forest.  Three trees does not make early successional habitat over a 100 acre forest....

Done!

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Keep 'em coming!  

And don't believe all the negative hype being tossed around by the Skylands chapter of the Sierra Club.  Ironically, the NJ Sierra Club was a supporter of the NJ Forestry Stewardship bill.....but once a project comes up that is made to the highest standards in the forestry industry and in our state (Forestry Stewardship Management Plan) , the Sierra Club tries to submarine it right off the bat.  Typical libtards.

Here is the horror we can expect on Sparta Mountain (he says, tongue firmly in cheek)......

Sparta clearcut 1.jpg

Sparta clearcut 2.jpg

Sparta clearcut 3.jpg