Jump to content
IGNORED

Ok crabbing 6/2/24


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Headed out early with Tracey looking to catch dinner .

put 3 dozen decent crabs in the basket by 9 and headed in .

Few jumbos in the mix .

A few areas were loaded with lots of females loaded with eggs .

nice seeing them making more of these tasty treats 

 

was surprised that about 75% of the crabs were still rusty bottom , and hadn’t shed on the last moon

 

IMG_2826.jpeg

IMG_2821.jpeg

IMG_2809.jpeg

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

 

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was thinking about going tomorrow morning, seeing you post convinced me I should go :happy:

HONOR THE FALLEN
https://thefallen.militarytimes.com/
Over the years the US has sent many of its fine young men & women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return, is enough to bury those that did not return. COLIN POWELL

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Roon said:

3 dozen by 9 lol we pray for 2 dozen after 12 hours we totally suck

Start looking at the tides .

you want moving water .

It’s not about spending  lots of hours out there , it’s about spending the correct hours 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

 

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Start looking at the tides .

you want moving water .

It’s not about spending  lots of hours out there , it’s about spending the correct hours 

Multiple tides multiple hours mean we hit everything end game we suck lol

Not a complete a$$ hole just one of the dingle berries that hang off it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Roon said:

Multiple tides multiple hours mean we hit everything end game we suck lol

In theory yes , in reality not .

depending on when the tide is moving you could be washing out your baits for 6 hours through that day . Making them less productive when it counts .

If you actually focus on a tide , I think you will find your success change .

especially if you are hand lining 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

 

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What are some good tips for looking at tides?

I always try to crab during a moving tide (slack tide is rarely good) but I never check whether it's incoming or outgoing (unless I'm going to a spot where I know low tide means mud flats).

I was told by the folks that used to run Beaver Dam that full moon is usually no good. Why? I have no idea.. All I know is that morning after full moon we did horrible, so no more full moon for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, mazzgolf said:

What are some good tips for looking at tides?

I always try to crab during a moving tide (slack tide is rarely good) but I never check whether it's incoming or outgoing (unless I'm going to a spot where I know low tide means mud flats).

I was told by the folks that used to run Beaver Dam that full moon is usually no good. Why? I have no idea.. All I know is that morning after full moon we did horrible, so no more full moon for me.

Many times there are sheds during full moon .

incoming or outgoing tide  sets the location for you to set up so your bait scent attracts crabs 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

 

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...