IGNORED

Can I hunt here?

FRANKIED

"Permanent recreation" !! Sweet... hunting == recreation... and you can now do it permanently! :up:

In all seriousness... go to the NJ DFW WMA viewer and look up that parcel... it's possible it was bought with Green Acres funds and has been attached to a WMA.

https://njdep.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=2628736187bc49a6ad990a42b1db4fe1

Edited by mazzgolf

• Question: Can I hunt on Green Acres properties? Answer: Although a property may have signage stating that it is Green Acres, you still must obtain permission to hunt. Not all Green Acres property allow hunting. You must contact the agency that manages the property and ask if hunting is allowed.

Found this on a nj.gov questionnaire not sure how accurate it is . 

Edited by Sotaroas

It all depends, I survey a lot for them, some go into fish and wildlife others go into parks and forestry, the ones that go into parks and forestry may or may not be hunt able, it depends on how contract was written with sellers is my understanding, seems like north and south gets fish and wildlife more, central gets more parks from my observation 

My pal was parking on a Green Acres Twp  piece to access a WMA and was told by a Twp official he couldn’t park there…he contacted a DEP investigator who was guna look into it …apparently if Green Acres funds were used to purchase it…he would be allowed to park there….& if the Twp still wanted to restrict him parking there….the Twp would have to repay the State the amount of Green Acres Funds that was used to purchase it. Not sure how it all panned out…I will ask him for an update.  I had the understanding that land purchased w Green Acres Funds cannot be restricted to hunters. My town has plenty of Green Acres signs…No Hunting signs…& no discharge ordinance…and I’m guna talk to this DEP investigator bout that as well. 

btw…regs say if it ain’t posted…hunt it…unless specifically told not to!!  That Green Acres sign is not a posted sign. 

1 hour ago, Bonefreak said:

btw…regs say if it ain’t posted…hunt it…unless specifically told not to!!  That Green Acres sign is not a posted sign. 

Exactly what I was going to write but you beat me too it!

Elite Pure, CBE Tek Hybrid, 10" B-Stinger stabilizer, Limbdriver rest , Alpine Soft Loc 5 Quiver, Muzzy 100 4 bld, Slick Trick Viper Trick Red Head Gator broadheads, Beman ICS Hunter 400 28" ,Scott Quick Shot release, Vortex 8.5X50 Vultures  :cheers:

1 hour ago, Bonefreak said:

My pal was parking on a Green Acres Twp  piece to access a WMA and was told by a Twp official he couldn’t park there…he contacted a DEP investigator who was guna look into it …apparently if Green Acres funds were used to purchase it…he would be allowed to park there….& if the Twp still wanted to restrict him parking there….the Twp would have to repay the State the amount of Green Acres Funds that was used to purchase it. Not sure how it all panned out…I will ask him for an update.  I had the understanding that land purchased w Green Acres Funds cannot be restricted to hunters. My town has plenty of Green Acres signs…No Hunting signs…& no discharge ordinance…and I’m guna talk to this DEP investigator bout that as well. 

Just to be clear, Green Acres dollars do NOT mean open public access in all cases. I can rattle off a hundred properties where Green Acres dollars were used to do Farmland Preservation or to buy development rights (conservation easement) on private lands and those lands remain fully private. Many are posted. So many of my NJ clients fit into this category. The public benefit is that these lands won’t be developed, but it doesn’t in any way give them access. Green Acres dollars can also buy public property such as historic buildings where you also cannot hunt. 

38 minutes ago, Bucksnbows said:

Just to be clear, Green Acres dollars do NOT mean open public access in all cases. I can rattle off a hundred properties where Green Acres dollars were used to do Farmland Preservation or to buy development rights (conservation easement) on private lands and those lands remain fully private. Many are posted. So many of my NJ clients fit into this category. The public benefit is that these lands won’t be developed, but it doesn’t in any way give them access. Green Acres dollars can also buy public property such as historic buildings where you also cannot hunt. 

Gotchya!  I don’t think huntin can be restricted on Twp or County land that has been purchased w Green Acres funds …. But some twps n counties take it upon themselves and throw up no hunting signs on Green Acres properties to deceive hunters from hunting the property til they get bitch slapped by DEP… but it takes time and effort by the hunter to bring this corruption to the attention of DEP….thats what I’ve been told anyway…& I plan on filing a complaint of the exact above scenario in my area. 

Edited by Bonefreak

7 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Gotchya!  I don’t think huntin can be restricted on Twp or County land that has been purchased w Green Acres funds …. But some twps n counties take it upon themselves and throw up no hunting signs on Green Acres properties to deceive hunters from hunting the property til they get bitch slapped by DEP… but it take time and effort by the hunter to bring this corruption to the attention of DEP….thats what I’ve been told anyway…& I plan on filing a complaint of the exact above scenario in my area. 

You were told wrong, You will loose that battle, green acre funds are used to purchase all kinds of property, and don’t mean hunting is allowed, the seller plays a part in what they want to see done through a contract, also depends on what kind of acquisition it was and who was involved, a lot of times green acre funds are used but the county/Twp/ njcf/ etc.. is managing agency of the property,