IGNORED

School

Otter

A friend was doing a site survey for his engineering firm today.  This is the sign in the Ventnor elementary school bathroom.  What a shame kids have to deal with this.  New to me, I don't have kids. Maybe you guys have seen this sign for years?  

IMG_8832.jpg

Yeah that sucks for kids to have to think about that. 
I think that’s even worse than the under the desk nuclear bomb drills we had to do as kids in the 60s. 
That threat was a possible once in a lifetime situation from a foreign land, and it was a bit obscure. This is something they’ve seen many times at schools all around the country, has to be harder to deal with I would think .

Yeah, that's a lot of weight in a school. And to top it off, my 9 year-old nephew was told the other day that he couldn't put blood on the vampire he made in art class. So the kids can't draw blood on vampires but they have to know the bathroom protocol for dealing with a shooter in the school? That's one screwed up world. 

1 hour ago, Pathman said:

Yeah that sucks for kids to have to think about that. 
I think that’s even worse than the under the desk nuclear bomb drills we had to do as kids in the 60s. 
That threat was a possible once in a lifetime situation from a foreign land, and it was a bit obscure. This is something they’ve seen many times at schools all around the country, has to be harder to deal with I would think .

We stood against the wall in the hallway, as if that would have helped anything.  Atomic bomb hadn't happened here before and luckily never did.  These are feel good measures, but the threat today of a shooting is much more real.

3 minutes ago, JFC1 said:

Yeah, that's a lot of weight in a school. And to top it off, my 9 year-old nephew was told the other day that he couldn't put blood on the vampire he made in art class. So the kids can't draw blood on vampires but they have to know the bathroom protocol for dealing with a shooter in the school? That's one screwed up world. 

Probably would have been ok if he used guacamole

57 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Probably would have been ok if he used guacamole

"The Guacamole Vampire." Sucks the blood from American workers and it comes back up guacamole?