IGNORED

Oldmine road

6 minutes ago, Mountain Goat said:

If it were closed for the winter they would have locked the gate but instead gate is open and just temporary signs. I hope they r fixing the road. 

Best time of the year to do road work there would have been during the winter .

now is about the worst time 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

Best time of the year to do road work there would have been during the winter .

now is about the worst time 

They did that on sunrise mt when cutting down ash trees and again when they gave it a skin coat of a tar mix.  Of course their timing had it closed into May.

11 hours ago, estimator said:

Since when is the winter the best time to do road work? All local,county and state road work is suspended during winter.

We no longer have winters. I would say 80% of this years winter was fine for paving and even concrete. Sometimes the best time is when the road is not in use that much. 

So how would you deal with obtaining the optimum moisture content of the subgrade and or the sub-base and the effects it has on the ability to achieve the proper compaction. Oh and the fact that most asphalt plants and shut down for maintenance or for total rebuilding? Just saying!

\\

I hope this helps, there is nothing new here, some have been happening for Years some are emergency closures. 

My history and knowledge of Old Mine Rd and every other road in between to the high point spans some 70+ years all 4 seasons. Also, & add the Delaware River.  Have Seen many disasters and changes & controls in that time Some improvements and many Failures 

Including the biggest land-confiscated takeover, 

Old Mine Rd .jpg

animated-American-flag-white-background-2018.gif

20 hours ago, estimator said:

So how would you deal with obtaining the optimum moisture content of the subgrade and or the sub-base and the effects it has on the ability to achieve the proper compaction. Oh and the fact that most asphalt plants and shut down for maintenance or for total rebuilding? Just saying!

I get your point but sometimes, due to traffic it is easier to do things off season. Again winters are mild now. I remember in the 80s and 90's everyone would shut down December 1st and return end of March. This is no longer the case. I paved this year in December, January and February. Plants are open. Not all but for example Stavola's Plant in Tinton Falls was closed for maintenance but they kept Howell plant  around the corner open. They no longer close all of them. 
Optimum moisture content? When was the last time you had someone test for moisture content on Municipal, County or even Sate level? We proof roll it with loaded truck and that's the end of it. And why would moisture content be an issue in December and not in June? Compaction of hot mix with above freezing temps creates zero issues unless you are trucking from 50 miles away. I paved a 9,000 ton job for PANYNJ with nightly temps just above freezing, and in fact it dropped below several times,. and we had one lot with joint density penalty and all others with 6% bonus. 
Again I get your point but my point is we no longer shut down for the winter like we used to do.