IGNORED

CNN's Guns in America Town Hall - US President Barack Obama Town Hall

Hoping you guys have some insight into the Town Hall m eeting Obama held recently.

Below is a video of that meeting.

A few questions I have...

1) Why does Congress block the CDC from performing research on gun violence to identify possible solutions to reduce it?  I realize historically many events/incidents/crimes are probably lacking accuracy regarding what happens, so clearly the records they use for their research has to be accurate in order to come to accurate solutions.

2) How would the government even begin to identify possible "business like" activity from gun sellers?  So say Person A buys 100 guns from Person B and Person B performs all the correct background checks.  Then Person A illegally sells/distributes those 100 guns at some point in the future.  How does Person A get caught?  Is the government suggesting they will be doing regular inspections of gun ownership for a given previous buyer?  Are they going to manually inspect and verify every gun for certain individuals?  Would this not require some form of national registry for guns?

3) Per #2, how would the government trace back a gun performed in a crime if it's serials were removed?  

I think in the end, these are all measures to discourage illegal gun sales, but like many laws that sound great on paper...they aren't enforced easily.  And that's the problem even today whereas the current laws don't get enforced nearly enough and could have prevented many crimes (gun related or otherwise) from occurring.

No one wants more gun crime, no one wants felons getting guns, no one wants mentally impaired individuals performing crimes.

The Dems want to "do something" whether that something is effective or not just for the sake of "doing something".

What does it take to identify a "something" that actually works?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMK8FFntzbw

I, like the NRA, avoided this staged piece of nonsense.  You should have seen CNN's site prior and during the event.  It was absurdly anti-gun, that was their agenda.  We need to turn our backs on this president rather than trying to engage with him.  He clearly has an agenda and is going to leverage a flawed and emotional argument to make his point.  He's not interested in facts.  He is your typical liberal debating guns--ignorant, stubborn, and hell-bent on an all-out gun ban while lying to our faces.  We've all seen it.

This article best describes the answer to your #1.  It's a very long and well-written article, but in summary, no one on either side of the gun debate has had any success using social sciences to create political policy around guns.  It just does not work.  Letting the CDC do that kind of research will absolutely be used for political agenda purposes hands down.  There have been many, many peer-reviewed studies on guns using social sciences.  Liberals don't like the fact that many of these studies are flawed and it's easy to see these flaws.  But since the CDC is already a political entity, using them to do the same studies to get the same results means it will be more probable to influence politics and law.

Here's the article, well worth a read.

https://reason.com/archives/2016/01/05/you-know-less-than-you-think-a

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

I don't even listen to his bullshit anymore. Unfortunately, anyone with an assault weapon in NJ next time we have a democratic governor will be a fellon.

Any Man Who Thinks He Can Be Happy and Prosperous By Letting the Government Take Care of Him Better Take A Closer Look at The American Indian! - Henry Ford

MOLON LABE

What does it take to identify a "something" that actually works?

IMO the only thing that will work is to require the general the public too own a weapon and police themselves... See how fast the bad guys disappear.. They are out numbered 100 to 1.. Yeah sure there will be some collateral damage but that is always unavoidable.. How many innocent people have the cops killed?.. And they are " Highly Trained "..

:D

So most crimes committed with a firearm are of what type?

Hand gun.

All hand gun purchases are Already required to go through an ffl. This is in state, and across states. I think there might be one state where hand guns don't have to and I forget the reason why. So exhibit A

Now, in my eyes what they are trying to do is stop people from buying in regular times and making a profit when the threat arises from gov involvement. And establish a national gun registry.

By making the law so confusing people may be feared into not selling. Right now "in the business of" is ambiguous. How many guns equal a business? Should you always sell you gun and have to take a loss?

You can't have an fffl if you only do business at a gun show. So how can you get an ffl under his executive orders? You need brick and mortar front to have ffl

This is all bull crap. 

They do need to make NICS or PICS better but how?

And now that they have involved social security administration to provide info to atf who will be deemed unable to have the second amendment right?

Bypassing congress and acting like a king or dictatorship is a huge problem.

PAFOA has tons of threads from firearm attorneys Phil Kline and Joshua Prince. Check out what they say. Also Evan Nappen .

FPC  - "Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms." - Andrew Ford

IMO the only thing that will work is to require the general the public too own a weapon and police themselves... See how fast the bad guys disappear.. They are out numbered 100 to 1.. Yeah sure there will be some collateral damage but that is always unavoidable.. How many innocent people have the cops killed?.. And they are " Highly Trained "..

I don't necessarily agree an armed community is "required", but I do 100% agree that communities need to be far, far, FAR more involved in what goes on in their neighborhoods and policing their own.  In that respect, until communities start taking an active role to root out the evil doers, things will only get worse in those areas.  There's far too much tolerance and turning a blind eye on blatant criminal activity that destroy's communities' and families' lives.  Start taking responsibility and stop tolerating/accepting the illegal activity...report the violations and of course LE has to be involved and enforce the laws to allow that entire machine to work properly.

I don't necessarily agree an armed community is "required",

If you saw it work first hand you would.. I spent a lot of time on my grand parents farm in NC when I was growing up.. Law enforcement officers were virtually non existent back then.. If you saw one it was usually once every 6 months or so.. EVERY ONE owned a gun or two.. There was no crime even though the area was heavily populated at times with migrant workers of all races..... Heck I remember my grand parents taking vacations in Florida for a week or two and they would leave the keys in the farm tractors and leave the doors to the house unlocked.. They nor any neighbors took no security precautions other than let one another know they would be gone for awhile.. Never a problem.. Any would be crook knew the neighbors watch the house and farm while they were away and they knew those doing the watching were armed...  Police weren't needed and were considered back then what they are considered now.. Nothing but a public nuisance..

Arm the people.. send the government home..

By making the law so confusing people may be feared into not selling. Right now "in the business of" is ambiguous. How many guns equal a business? Should you always sell you gun and have to take a loss?

This is true.. It is meant to be ambiguous.. And some poor sucker is gonna have to pay through the a$$ when some jerk off prosecutor, probably of democratic origin, decides he wants to interpret the law to mean it applies to any gun sale regardless of numbers sold... If the poor guy is convicted he's a felon.. If not, he's out a 100 grand or so..  Either way,  the law will be better defined.. at his expense...

I have nothing constructive to add to this thread...every time I see this Aholes face or hear him speak I lose my mind!! One more freekn year of him!!!!

Edited by 3 Blade

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸