not on the rug

Health and Fitness?

Only thing I did was convert a big shed into a PowerPlant no ventilation I wore a rubber suit and did all supersets without breaking for 2 hrs every morning one day back legs abs the next day arms shoulders chest and took androtestosterones 5 days a week ah man I'd pay to get back like that again but then the effect of temper tantrums and throwing shit allover the house wasn't cool and starting fights

Edited by smoking gun

Isn't that kind of contrary to a healthy, low-carb, low-calorie lifestyle?

Absolutely not.  In fact I'm going to start a post about the health benefits of beer (alcohol).  I wasn't a drinker until my doctor told me to have 1 or 2 drinks a day to help with cholesterol.  He was right, my numbers improved significantly.

Another post I'm going to start is going to about the fallacy of low-carb diets.  We are designed to use carbs as our primary source of energy (yes I have a degree in that too :P ) .  The problem is we eat too many of the wrong carbs. 

Absolutely not.  In fact I'm going to start a post about the health benefits of beer (alcohol).  I wasn't a drinker until my doctor told me to have 1 or 2 drinks a day to help with cholesterol.  He was right, my numbers improved significantly.

Another post I'm going to start is going to about the fallacy of low-carb diets.  We are designed to use carbs as our primary source of energy (yes I have a degree in that too :P ) .  The problem is we eat too many of the wrong carbs.

We're actually designed to use carbs AND fat as fuel sources, it's just that we burn the carbs more efficiently.

Low carb diets can serve a purpose by increasing insulin sensitivity and overall lowering caloric intake in overweight people. As far as a long term approach goes, they're not a good choice.

Lets take this discussion over to H&F...

• Agree 1

I have some good beer recipes if you are interested in brewing your own.

• Agree 1

Sounds good to me. Four months ago, I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. So, after 50 plus years of eating whatever I wanted, I had to changed my eating habits literally overnight. It wasn't easy and it's still very hard to keep on a narrow path. But, I lost 19 pounds and I do feel better but, I'm not at 100 percent yet. 

• Agree 1