IGNORED

Well . . . They were anti's . . .

Ms Grit

Imagine the disappointment of NJ's Fish and Wildlife when after being "tipped off" to "illegal bear hunting" and setting up a covert sting operation, watching me and Deidre bait from a distance while the anti's sat beside them, only to find out that I was able to produce my licence, bear permits, written permissions and property map, lol

Actually, they were very nice and professional about the entire ordeal and I had everything in order, so my only current issue is that the 2 men were originally trespassing, however, the property owner, a widower, does not need to be brought into this situation as she is a frail woman.  And her son, who manages everything for her, just wants the bears killed without any hassles.

So, I guess I just have to keep my fingers crossed that these 2 men understand the repercussions of "Hunter Harassment" and do not do anything to further impeed the upcoming bear season and my ability to hunt at my current location.  The one actually asked me to "please not shoot his bear because he does have a name and visits him often." REALLY?  I wonder WHY he visits him often? Perhaps he is illegally feeding the bears . . .

Edited by Ms Grit

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

Wow that's incredible. I hope the COs really made it clear to the antis that they were in the wrong, both with the clear trespassing and also with the hunter harassment. That's pretty much a waste of resource time as the means in which they acquired their information was done illegally (via trespassing). Hopefully you don't have any issues moving forward.

What did they say when you informed them they were on private property? 

That kind of just got pushed aside as after about a 4 minute exchange between the one CO and the one anti (the other anti stayed well off in the distance), the 2nd CO took the first anti, who aparently owns adjoining property, away from me and they "Chatted" while D and I stayed where we were with the 1st CO and "Chatted."  I do have the CO's phone number should any damage befall my bait location though.

I was also advised by the CO to "Make the first shot count." lol

Edited by Ms Grit

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

I would watch my back if I were you. Sounds like they have been watching you and knew your routine. How else would f&w know when you would be there? Especially since the two antis were there with them. I can't see them all just randomly sitting there all day long. They had to have a pretty good idea what day and time you would be there.

Imagine the disappointment of NJ's Fish and Wildlife when after being "tipped off" to "illegal bear hunting" and setting up a covert sting operation, watching me and Deidre bait from a distance while the anti's sat beside them, only to find out that I was able to produce my licence, bear permits, written permissions and property map, lol

Actually, they were very nice and professional about the entire ordeal and I had everything in order, so my only current issue is that the 2 men were originally trespassing, however, the property owner, a widower, does not need to be brought into this situation as she is a frail woman.  And her son, who manages everything for her, just wants the bears killed without any hassles.

So, I guess I just have to keep my fingers crossed that these 2 men understand the repercussions of "Hunter Harassment" and do not do anything to further impeed the upcoming bear season and my ability to hunt at my current location.  The one actually asked me to "please not shoot his bear because he does have a name and visits him often." REALLY?  I wonder WHY he visits him often? Perhaps he is illegally feeding the bears . . .

"don't shoot my bear..."

go !@#$ yourself

#bearcult

I would shoot the bear and gut it next to there house. Sorry but you handle this a lot nicer then I would have. I would of had them aholes for harresent understand you can't do much for trespassing because it's not your land but these people need to learn they can't do this because they don't like hunting. They are the first to bitch those if the deer are eating there plants and trees. Bears can do so much more then just eat plants. But they are so cute and cuddley until you piss them off. I hope you shoot one of the bears. Good luck to you this bear season kill a big one