IGNORED

Should He Be Banned?

Rusty

NY deer camp was a blast again this year.  It is my second year rifle hunting and first year bow hunting this property which we are all still learning collectively. It holds tons of deer and that is good for some of our new, younger hunters.  We had two first timers, with one shooting a nice, older 6 pointer at last light on day one of rifle season last Saturday.  The camp consists of 3 grumpy old men, two sons for one of them, one son for the second grumpy old man, and I went solo because having a 15 year old daughter around five 19-21 year old party boys wasn't going to happen this year.  There was a 5th young man that is best friends with the other yoots who joined us as well.  The boys are all close friends growing up in the community that I grew up in with the other two grumpy old men (my best friends growing up).  Two of the boys don't yet have hunting licenses and were along to see if hunting is for them or not, but they sat in stands with other hunters and both vowed to take a hunter safety course and get licenses next year.  

P1110760.JPG

P1110799.JPG

P1110825.JPG

P1110785.JPG

Edited by Bucksnbows

Looks like a beautiful to hunt, congratulations!

Next spring the neighbor will help bulldoze two old fields that have been fallow for a long time (but no trees yet in them) and I will do 2 food plots, one on each side of the road.  We began some hinge cutting and will do a bunch more over the winter or early next spring, snow depth dependent.  We are also adding two small ponds for deer and other critters to water at and several mineral stations all to grow bigger deer.  We have the quantity already, now we just want some more quality.  Most of us will also start passing up younger deer in future gun and bow hunts.  

Food plot planting machine....

P1110768.JPG

One of the future pond sites....(this standing water doesn't stay around, this was right after Thursday's all day rain)

P1110765.JPG

• 5 years later...
On 11/25/2015 at 12:24 PM, Rusty said:

A member dropped this one-liner and then disappeared.

There was no story about this buck and there were no pictures of this buck.  I'm thinking this is a banning offense.  What do you think?  Ban him?

:agree:

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈