IGNORED

Let's See Your DIY Mounts

Rusty

you made that stone head plaque?I need 2 plaques for 2 mounts i have I just have the skull caps laying in top my dresser I gotta do something with them

Yes, they're pretty easy to make, just a little time consuming.  Get a 12" wide pine board, trace an arrowhead design and cut it out.  Then use a rasp to give it the shape, sand and stain. 

The rasping takes a while to do by hand but if you like to make stuff by hand it's fun. 

I'm not good with wood I swear and you guys saw my drawing already lolololol man I gotta pick up 2 plaques like that though it's cool.

I saw your sketch on NJH, it was actually pretty good.  Ignore the negative comment from the muggles, they just don't understand us. wink2.gif.pagespeed.ce.JHN-tdLrvJ.gif   

This is a wall in my classroom that I painted.  If it makes me happy then who cares what others think.  xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.86ZlZhEa46.png

deer painting.jpeg

Nice work fellas!

I mounted this buck and then built the pedestal. My brothers first buck...

pedestal%20start%20to%20finish%20andys_z

Rusty, I also liked your plaques so much when I saw them, I made four of these based off of your design. I think Jon55nj and Beaverkill each got one. I need to make more but have to draw a new pattern since I lost the old templates I made. Maybe I can just trace the one plaque I still have.

table%20pedestal%20euro_zpswizjrh22.jpg

I have done a ton of other mounts and drawings, but it's all stuff I've posted before. Even these two are old news I'm sure.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear