IGNORED

CZ hammer classic shotgun

JD48

I enjoy keeping things old school, been looking at this gun online, 12 ga., 30" barrels, exposed hammers, looks like could be fun to pheasant hunt with, only downside is it weights 7 1/2 pounds, don't know if i want to lug that much weight around, anybody familiar, have or shoot this gun?

1 minute ago, JD48 said:

I enjoy keeping things old school, been looking at this gun online, 12 ga., 30" barrels, exposed hammers, looks like could be fun to pheasant hunt with, only downside is it weights 7 1/2 pounds, don't know if i want to lug that much weight around, anybody familiar, have or shoot this gun?

Not familiar with that gun.  But my grandfather had a civil war error double barrel shot gun muzzleloader that weighed 9 lbs. I never hunted with it but it was his deer gun.

5 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

Not familiar with that gun.  But my grandfather had a civil war error double barrel shot gun muzzleloader that weighed 9 lbs. I never hunted with it but it was his deer gun.

9 lbs.!, I had a Pride of Spain 10 gauge , 32" barrels sxs years ago i used to deer hunt with, weighted. 10 lbs. plus, quite a chore climbing up the mountain with

5 hours ago, JD48 said:

Not a hammer gun but I wanted a more traditional gun.  Picked up the CZ bobwhite G2. It has straight English stock and double triggers.  Quick light double. 

@vdep217 can vouch for the gun. When it misses it's the guy behind the gun not the gun.  Lol 

Just now, Swamprat said:

Not a hammer gun but I wanted a more traditional gun.  Picked up the CZ bobwhite G2. It has straight English stock and double triggers.  Quick light double. 

@vdep217 can vouch for the gun. When it misses it's the guy behind the gun not the gun.  Lol 

I mostly hunt with sxs, Ithaca, smith and wesson and L.C.Smith, thinking about trying a hammer gun