IGNORED

now let's talk muzzleloader bullets

mazzgolf

1 hour ago, Tarhunt said:

He ran 22 yards before going down. Shot was just under 100 yards. 

Every time i hart shoot a deer they go like hell with a gun of any kind not far but 30-60 yards that’s a tuff animal. High shoulder and they don’t even twitch. Close to the spine

I've used these with positive results. Farthest shot has been 75 yards. You put a 44-50 cal hole in both lungs they will die within 100 yards.  Jersey pine deer ain't big (80-130lb). I don't think a jacketed bullet is really needed. I have them and use them but don't get caught up in the bullet type. Thousands of deer die every by plain lead round balls in muzzys and buckshot loads. 

Screenshot_20230327-195405.png

Not weighing in on bullet types but seconding a comment about bears not being so hard to kill. I have killed 3 and the largest just under 300 lbs . Muzzle loader for 2 of them rifle for the third. Blood trails are rare with bear because of the fur and the fat. Puncture the lungs and they dont go far 

The biggest problem you have when it comes to bullet selection is not what to chose but what can you get. 
I recently bought a car, couch, table and bedroom set. 
bedroom 10 to 14 weeks, couch 14 weeks, table 5 weeks and the car two weeks for delivery. The car was available in only two colors, black and white. 
we are becoming Soviet Union where people stood in line for hrs to get a roll of toilet paper . 

I’ve shot *at* three deer with the powerbelt aero lite . 

one at 90 yd, that never took another step . Complete pass through 

one at 40yd, that rolled over and expired,  complete pass through 

one this year at 50 that never slowed down . No blood , never acted hit . I’m chalking it up as a miss , or at least my ego is . I did rush the shot , so I’m almost positive I missed . 

I know people have had issues with them, but they worked great and have acted great for my use sub 100 yards on deer.  

7 hours ago, Bad64chevelle said:

I’ve shot *at* three deer with the powerbelt aero lite . 

one at 90 yd, that never took another step . Complete pass through 

one at 40yd, that rolled over and expired,  complete pass through 

one this year at 50 that never slowed down . No blood , never acted hit . I’m chalking it up as a miss , or at least my ego is . I did rush the shot , so I’m almost positive I missed . 

I know people have had issues with them, but they worked great and have acted great for my use sub 100 yards on deer.  

Pass through is no good for bullet performance. Waste of energy !