IGNORED

OBX Fishing Charter Recommendations

Timeframe:  June 24th - July 1st

I am looking for some advice on charters out of the area.  I am looking to do an offshore trip with 6 of us.  I am also looking to take my kids on an inshore trip but don't want to waste my time on the party boat down there, so any suggestions would be would be appreciated.  I will be also taking them off the piers and beaches too. Thank you in advance

Inshore - Hatteras inlet Captain Rick Scarborough on the “Spec Tackler”. Highly recommend. If can’t get him go with Doug Martin.   Offshore too many to list. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

We stayed in Corolla a few years ago. Drawing a blank on which charter we used. It was in the same marina as the Frenzy and the Doghouse on wicked tuna. Caught a bunch of Spanish mackerel. Albacore and barracuda. Caught some ribbon fish on the way in. Word of warning. They charge you to filet your catch at the local filet house it wasn’t included in our trip so find out. 

2 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

Inshore - Hatteras inlet Captain Rick Scarborough on the “Spec Tackler”. Highly recommend. If can’t get him go with Doug Martin.   Offshore too many to list. 

Lol I fish with Doug Martin multiple times every year, and also Rick. Both great captains, but Rick can be kind of an ass sometimes lol. Scotty on Elizabeth grace, also in teachs is a great captain and a ton of fun to fish with inshore. Offshore, I’ve been going out with brian Taylor on the Carolina girl, also teachs lair marina. Brian will run his boat further than anyone in the fleet, but it seems to be feast or famine with him some years although not for lack of effort. If you have the pockets and want the best I’d recommend Jim Bowman on Marlin Mania, guy is a legend and always comes back with fish on the dock (offshore). Hatteras inlet is an unbelievable fishery. Inshore is absolutely amazing with the right captain, and offshore cAn have some legendary days. 

52 minutes ago, Buckeyes11 said:

We stayed in Corolla a few years ago. Drawing a blank on which charter we used. It was in the same marina as the Frenzy and the Doghouse on wicked tuna. Caught a bunch of Spanish mackerel. Albacore and barracuda. Caught some ribbon fish on the way in. Word of warning. They charge you to filet your catch at the local filet house it wasn’t included in our trip so find out. 

You fished Oregon inlet. If you’re staying in Corolla, I’d recommend fishing out of Oregon inlet or pirates cove in manteo. Hatteras is 2+ hours from Corolla, more with traffic.

Used to surf fish salvo that same week every year. Catch croakers in the day and keep em for bait night shark fishing off the beach at night. You're allowed to have fires on the beach at night. We d put the rods out and relax by the fire til there was a takedown. The size of the sharks you'll catch will change your opinion of swimming in that water 😆 🤣 

14 hours ago, Coyoteslayer said:

Used to surf fish salvo that same week every year. Catch croakers in the day and keep em for bait night shark fishing off the beach at night. You're allowed to have fires on the beach at night. We d put the rods out and relax by the fire til there was a takedown. The size of the sharks you'll catch will change your opinion of swimming in that water 😆 🤣 

Last time I was down there I was in a kayak catching blues at daylight and we would see tons of sharks swimming with in 50ft of the beach. Never tried catching one though. 

51 minutes ago, allmann said:

Last time I was down there I was in a kayak catching blues at daylight and we would see tons of sharks swimming with in 50ft of the beach. Never tried catching one though. 

I got an 8 foot bull shark off the beach there!! Stingrays the size of a truck hood. You're a brave man yakking in that