IGNORED

Meat Grinders-For Snack Sticks, Sausage, Kielbasy, etc...

luv2hunt

So, I'm in the market for a meat grinder for making snack sticks, sausage, kielbasy, etc...I'm guessing no more than 15 to 20 lbs. of meat at a time and maybe a half dozen times a year.

I'm certainly not looking to break the bank, but I am willing to spend a few more $$ for a quality grinder that I don't have to worry about breaking down or having issues with after a few uses.  That said, what is everyone using and what are your experiences good and bad, what to look for and what to avoid.  Thanks!

Your better off using a stuffer to make sausage and sticks .

using a grinder to fill casings is a PIA and adds too much air to the product , and air is  your enemy .

‘cabelas 3/4 hp grinder is a decent machine for the money . The one HP a little better 

lem stuffer to go along with it .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

On 3/21/2023 at 5:02 PM, hammer4reel said:

Your better off using a stuffer to make sausage and sticks .

using a grinder to fill casings is a PIA and adds too much air to the product , and air is  your enemy .

‘cabelas 3/4 hp grinder is a decent machine for the money . The one HP a little better 

lem stuffer to go along with it .

Totally agree that a dedicated stuffer is the way to go.

I started off using grinder to stuff then went to a 5lb LEM stuffer and it's just a way better process. Don't get the big air pockets and with the 5lb capacity you're not reloading the hopper with meat as often compared to using a grinder. 

Just finished two batches one smoked garlic sausage and the other is habanero lime sticks. 

Other thing helpful tips include adding the correct amount of water to meat mixes. I add 12 cups to 25lbs of meat.  This is not the only way just what is a good number for me. 
Last when making sticks in any stuffer besides a Hydraulic only fill the stuffer half way. 

436E93E3-2C09-49EC-B088-331A09AA9108.jpeg

A7C87A81-06AC-4F11-9648-BE2C1D15C15A.jpeg

1 hour ago, Cousin Brown said:

Just started myself,    I'll be getting a separate stuffer.  I just bought the Cabelas Pro series grinder which is nice for grinding.  For stuffing was ok...   Hammer4reel is spot on .

I ask you has Hammer ever been spot off ever

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt