IGNORED

Reminder: “regular” trout season closed now

Bucksnbows

Just now, Nomad said:

No I don’t like poachers out there before opening day.

Poachers gunna poach. Limits and seasons mean nothing to them. But it’s a valid concern. I hate fishing for stocked fish. I do it when I either can’t get out of state or when I don’t feel like fishing for our small water brookies. 

Just now, Bucksnbows said:

Poachers gunna poach. Limits and seasons mean nothing to them. But it’s a valid concern. I hate fishing for stocked fish. I do it when I either can’t get out of state or when I don’t feel like fishing for our small water brookies. 

I just like the traditional opening day and waiting to fish until then. I also enjoy fishing in other states where there are more native trout and even the stocked trout are a better variety.  Although I think New Jersey does a heck of  job with the size of the rainbows they put in. 

I would rather they stock all trout months before opener and THEN open the season. But they do not have enough enforcement to do it.  Too many poachers. 

do not allow C&R but give the fish at least a month to assimilate. Maybe stock them all first week December and have 3/15 opener. That’s the way to go. Game changer 

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

3 hours ago, Bucksnbows said:

There is at least a chance they will adopt that again. It was entirely due to Covid, but it was wildly popular. I know they wanted to have at least a year or two where they went back to “normal stocking” which began last year and continues this year. I know there was talk about polling anglers that purchased a fishing license and a trout stamp about changes like that. But I haven’t seen them do it yet. 

F&W did a poll on the annual trout meeting call. I believe most people on the call weren’t thrilled with a C&R period. They also indicated they would do a larger poll at some point. 

IMO the fish being spread out before the season allowed more fish to make it past the normal stocking sequence .

when stocked weekly most never even make it past the hole they were thrown into .

turns it entirely Into a put and take fishery , instead of a some what sustained fishery 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/