IGNORED

First Year Fur

Got some fur this year.  I also had many days with nothing and lots of knock downs.  I skinned fleshed and boarded everything and that was tough at first. As I did more I got better at it.  My goal was to catch a coyote and  I got four.  Only 3 in the pic because one was full of mange. My next goal was a mink, and I got 2 with some help from Buck154.  Also picked at fox and got some raccoons when I tried.  Managed a couple of opossums and a skunk too.  Can’t wait for next season.  Might try for beaver and otter if I can find enough to warrant my application for a permit.  

9ECEB159-F713-46B7-B20B-D42837620C97.jpeg

Very nice haul!  Are you taking the furs to the sale at Space Farms this weekend?  I see you skinned the skunk .... any "accidents"?  First time my brother skinned a skunk, I think the whole neighborhood could smell it, LOL  Myself, never wanted anything to do with skinning a skunk after that!

9 hours ago, LeakyBoots said:

Very nice haul!  Are you taking the furs to the sale at Space Farms this weekend?  I see you skinned the skunk .... any "accidents"?  First time my brother skinned a skunk, I think the whole neighborhood could smell it, LOL  Myself, never wanted anything to do with skinning a skunk after that!

Yes on Space Farms

No accident with the skunk and it wasn’t too bad 

washed it good in the river then washed again after skinning

11 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Very nice! I know just by my little dip-my-toe in-the-water trapping attempt this year, that that required alot of time and commitment, especially being your first season, too. Had to be extremely satisfying seeing that first yote in a snare! Congrats.

Definitely satisfying and time consuming but it’s good time.  You’ll look at the woods in a different way