IGNORED

NJDEP Statement on East Coast Whale Mortalities

14 minutes ago, tick trawler said:

they always harp about climate change, yet never mention the primary cause, that would be the ongoing climate intervention operations conducted by our military.   They will burn America to the ground to get their way, policy and procedure is their pathway.

14 minutes ago, tick trawler said:

Edited by tick trawler

4 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

See they weren’t working Oceanside the last few days either , but look in the bay 

637B7DF2-AF7E-4A83-A6DB-CF5A08434AAF.jpeg

That’s not even the boat thats doing the sounding the ship that is is a UK flagged ship Named the Ecuador 

26 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Look at the AIS logs for the survey vessels , they are right where the whales and dolphins have been  found each time .

when they claimed they had stopped Oceanside They had , because they were inside the raritan bay .

and that’s when the dolphins as well as the two NY whales showed up.

their is some substantiative rumors more whales have been pulled offshore so they didn’t make it to the beach .

I listen to Brooklyn surf casting podcast from time to time. They mentioned what you are saying. As soon as one is dead they are magically disappearing. 

59 minutes ago, Bill V said:

What concerns me is strolling along the beach and looking out to see those ugly wind turbines sticking out of the water. They're only going to be 10 miles out, and in clear weather easily visible twice that distance. Do we really want to look out across the water and see that crap? Disgusting. Not to mention what happens when one of those turbines fails, and it spews that toxic oil into the ocean. The climate gurus will incorrectly tell you that global warming is from burning fossil fuels. And it's not from cow farts either. The number one reason for the increase in carbon dioxide in our atmosphere is due to centuries of deforestation. We don't need solar panels, wind farms, and poisonous batteries in electric cars. We just need more trees. Really. That's the truth.

I've argued this point too that seems to fall on deaf ears. Unfortunately, when you look at the geopolitical and environmental landscape, trees don't generate money unless they're being turned into something else. And if they're not making money, it's easier to clear acres and acres of it for something else that will. Then they'll cry to seek alternative sources of food and fuel that are "green", while putting this point you've brought up on the back burner because thats the one easier said than done. 

I have an extremely hard time believing that vessel strikes are the cause here. General cargo and container vessel traffic has been at an all time high the last 2 years and we didn’t see this many dead whales washing up. Starting late last year into this year, there has been a drastic reduction in the above traffic. How has there been a major reduction in vessel traffic yet such a visible increase in whale/dolphin mortality? 

That press release also stinks to high heaven. You don’t have to be a PHD to see that it was carefully crafted to point away from the wind industry. 

I honestly think that many of these so called vessel strikes occur after these things are toast and floating belly up. Something tells me these things aren’t easily picked up on radar depending on conditions. 

Very peculiar situation for sure. 

16 hours ago, smittty said:

That’s not even the boat thats doing the sounding the ship that is is a UK flagged ship Named the Ecuador 

Thanks Smitty and Captain Dan. I appreciate and actually learned something from the ways you two are debating this issue with evidence, rather than simple gut feeling. Both of your observations, as well as Smitty's balls in actually saying something along the lines of "I'm not sure yet; I haven't figured it out but look carefully at x, y, and z" with Dan responding to that evidence and open curiosity, are much better than opinions squirted out of our guts. There's a real thing in the world; I think it's called knowing something more about a topic than your average Joe Blow. That's not to say that average Joe has nothing to say, but informed comments and on-the-water observations by people who've been there are usually better than partisan gobblygook from either the Sierra Club or the Petroleum Industry Lobbying Network.