IGNORED

Are You A Sitter Or A Mover Or % Of Both?

Fred Flintstone

I am a Mover- Run + Gun at least 80% of the time. I Sit around 20% of the Time.

I like to Force the issue and Reflect on the next Maneuver.  And stay Aggressive  to keep that Gobblers interest in me going and prevent that walk off.

I sit more if, I am with someone.  But,I hate to sit past 20 Minutes. I have to be up and moving and Reflecting on the next move.

What Say You?

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

All you need to do is pick @gobblergetter ‘s brain on how to consistently kill turkeys.  He is probably one of best there is on East coast if not the world.  The amount of time you spend writing about Turkey - he spends in the woods with super high success rate.  (No offense but it’s true).    

I know u reported as having spent a lot of time in prime NY grounds last season with nothing to show for it.  He would have filled all tags with ease. 

That is the guy you should learn from. 

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Depends what property I am hunting. I used to hunt west Milford with about 500 acres to roam. If i hunt Jackson i have 12 acres not much room to move. I usually sit and try and figure out where the birds were. Like a chess match I move closer each week. Normally by week 5 I am withing fly down distance. This was very successful in West Milford 

1 hour ago, JHbowhunter said:

All you need to do is pick @gobblergetter ‘s brain on how to consistently kill turkeys.  He is probably one of best there is on East coast if not the world.  The amount of time you spend writing about Turkey - he spends in the woods with super high success rate.  (No offense but it’s true).    

I know u reported as having spent a lot of time in prime NY grounds last season with nothing to show for it.  He would have filled all tags with ease. 

That is the guy you should learn from. 

Wow Really. You took it to me and way off Topic.

Deserves  a Response...

All my Turkeys- a Low # of 124 were all Killed on Crowded  Public and more Crowded Small Gun Club Lands.

I HAVE NEVER KILLED A PRIVATE LAND TURKEY. 

About 10 years total with 3 People,I have given away my opening Days and many of the best early Spring Days to ensure their success. Friends + Family. Not many Turkey Hunters are going to do that on a regular basis.  

If,I am walking around in late May-- that is the reason. 

There should also be a Max limit on Spring Gobblers in New Jersey . I have quoted 3 to 5 Max before. I am leaning more to 3.  

Of course,I took a Gobbler in New York last Spring. My focus is on Cynthia. 

There is no best in Turkey Hunting.  If,I had Private Land access with all Predators Trapped out,I would be banging them out also- Left and Right.

I have nothing to learn from Mike k . 

Your post above was almost a call out. I was not going to let it it Slide with many members reading.. 

I know there is a small clique that Dislike me- ( G- Rated)- but your post deserved a response. - blackbeltbill. 

Take The Multiple Use Area Challenge. 

4 minutes ago, Fred Flintstone said:

Deserves  a Response...

All my Turkeys- a Low # of 124 were all Killed on Crowded  Public and more Crowded Small Gun Club Lands.

I HAVE NEVER KILLED A PRIVATE LAND TURKEY. 

About 10 years total with 3 People,I have given away my opening Days and many of the best early Spring Days to ensure their success. Friends + Family. Not many Turkey Hunters are going to do that on a regular basis.  

If,I am walking around in late May-- that is the reason. 

There should also be a Max limit on Spring Gobblers in New Jersey . I have quoted 3 to 5 Max before. I am leaning more to 3.  

Of course,I took a Gobbler in New York last Spring. My focus is on Cynthia. 

There is no best in Turkey Hunting.  If,I had Private Land access with all Predators Trapped out,I would be banging them out also- Left and Right.

I have nothing to learn from Mike k . 

Your post above was almost a call out. I was not going to let it it Slide with many members reading.. 

I know there is a small clique that Dislike me- ( G- Rated)- but your post deserved a response. - blackbeltbill. 

Sorry thought u were looking to learn not teach. image.png.0e07506806595c3ff146333a08ebdec2.png

Edited by JHbowhunter

I shot a big 10pt once….

With a leg kick...

Screenshot_20230314_161957_Photos.jpg.d8a0d2aaca951dcef01984b5a72bd110.jpg

Edited by Bucndoe

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

14 minutes ago, Fred Flintstone said:

I have nothing to learn from Mike k . ---Wow. Just WOW. 

Hey Bill- I have no skin in this game but must say my piece with regard to your statement and aggressive response to Jack.......One Word......either a noun or an adjective that comes to mind to not only my mind but numerous members.......THIS WORD IS NEVER ASSOCIATED WITH ONE OF THE BEST WILD TURKEY HUNTERS IN THE COUNTRY......OH, almost forgot. ON BOTH PRIVATE AND PUBLIC LAND are where Mike's ( @gobblegetter) turkeys are killed....

brag·ging
/ˈbraɡiNG/

noun

1. excessively proud and boastful talk about one's achievements or possessions.
    "she interrupted their endless bragging"

adjective

1. exhibiting or characterized by excessive pride or boastfulness.
    "a competitive, bragging culture"

@LPJR I was just trying to help I don’t read much about Turkey hunting on here as I have no real interest - just had impression Fred was looking for help or advice and was struggling.  I had no idea how advanced he really was or is. Oh well.  I will stick to deer and fish. 

I shot a big 10pt once….

15 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

@LPJR I was just trying to help I don’t read much about Turkey hunting on here as I have no real interest - just had impression Fred was looking for help or advice and was struggling.  I had no idea how advanced he really was or is. Oh well.  I will stick to deer and fish. 

Next fluke outing I'm fishing next to you..  I need to lean what not to do to stay out if snaggs

Edited by vdep217