IGNORED

Beaver/Otter Trappers-

Here is a simple upgrade that you can do to any large body gripping trap. For around $5.00 in parts, you can convert your 280/330 sized traps into a trap that is almost as good as a Belisle. Belisle's are very expensive and that hurts bad when they get stolen. And besides, Belisle's are just too much trap for my old hands.

With the use of Bullseye Circle Triggers and Belisle Dogs (purchased from WCS in CT), this upgrade will allow you to set your Beaver and Otter traps in some serious current without the trap firing from the water pressure on the circle trigger. I tried four of these last season with excellent results. This year I upgraded all of my 280's and 330's with this set up. I ran a lot of beaver/otter sets in Maine, New York, and New Jersey this year. I only had two dry fired traps and that was caused by excessive buildup of leaves on the circle trigger. I often had traps that were completely clogged with leaves and were not fired. Give this a try. You won't be disappointed. 

100_0252.JPG

100_0258.JPG

100_0260.JPG

100_0261.JPG

18 minutes ago, SPEARFISH said:

Thanks for the info

Now all I need are some 280's and 330's

Maybe next year.  Already found a few beaver dens/huts.

You can usually pick up used 330's for around $12.00 and 280's for around $10.00. When buying used traps, always make sure the springs are strong. I have seen 330's that were weaker than a #110. You may want to start out by placing a classified ad "WTB #330 Traps" on this site.

2 hours ago, trapoholic said:

Here is a simple upgrade that you can do to any large body gripping trap. For around $5.00 in parts, you can convert your 280/330 sized traps into a trap that is almost as good as a Belisle. Belisle's are very expensive and that hurts bad when they get stolen. And besides, Belisle's are just too much trap for my old hands.

With the use of Bullseye Circle Triggers and Belisle Dogs (purchased from WCS in CT), this upgrade will allow you to set your Beaver and Otter traps in some serious current without the trap firing from the water pressure on the circle trigger. I tried four of these last season with excellent results. This year I upgraded all of my 280's and 330's with this set up. I ran a lot of beaver/otter sets in Maine, New York, and New Jersey this year. I only had two dry fired traps and that was caused by excessive buildup of leaves on the circle trigger. I often had traps that were completely clogged with leaves and were not fired. Give this a try. You won't be disappointed. 

100_0252.JPG

100_0258.JPG

100_0260.JPG

100_0261.JPG

Great info

6 hours ago, trapoholic said:

You can usually pick up used 330's for around $12.00 and 280's for around $10.00. When buying used traps, always make sure the springs are strong. I have seen 330's that were weaker than a #110. You may want to start out by placing a classified ad "WTB #330 Traps" on this site.

Thanks 

will do some time soon