IGNORED

Featured Content on the Main Page

BowhunterNJ

Do you want to keep the Featured Content slider on the Main Page?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to keep the Featured Content slider on the Main Page?

I am going to abstain from voting, but give my opinion. It sets the site apart from "Other" New Jersey Hunting Chat Sites and makes this Site unique. With that being said, the site is getting a lot more activity snd I am guessing that there is only a certain amount of space available to host all of the data. Preserving the content, ease of use and speed would, in my opinion, be the priority in attracting and keeping new members. And less drama too, lol ;)

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member

No compalints here, found my way after poking around a bit. Thanks again for the site. Here is my feedback and questions.

I dont use the featured comtent and find it mildy confusing , so scroll past it. As a new user I have a pieces of feedback and a question.

1. Make login area/option a little easier to locate

2. Are PM's possible and do they link to your email?

3. Posting pictures and videos a little more intuitive.

Again an appreciative user!

We like it.  With that being said, it is not something we utilize very much.

If taken down, would it be replaced with some other website feature?  I'm assuming that it is a space saving measure so probably not, which is fine. 

Just wondering.

Website - www.awnaturelabs.com
Facebook - www.facebook.com/awnature
Twitter - www.twitter.com/awnaturelabs
Instagram - www.instagram.com/awnaturelabs
Blogger - awnaturelabs.blogspot.com

No compalints here, found my way after poking around a bit. Thanks again for the site. Here is my feedback and questions.

I dont use the featured comtent and find it mildy confusing , so scroll past it. As a new user I have a pieces of feedback and a question.

1. Make login area/option a little easier to locate

2. Are PM's possible and do they link to your email?

3. Posting pictures and videos a little more intuitive.

Again an appreciative user!

The login is a pretty small "Sign In" button, I'll see if I can make that a bit more noticeable when you aren't currently logged in.

PMs are possible, they are tied to notifications via email if you'd like.  But the notification emails shouldn't be responded to, they are just that...notification emails, not tied to the PM system so you can interact via either (generally to protect the user's email address)

The picture posting takes a little getting used to, but it's a nice interface when you get used to it.  Especially useful is the My Media button in the thread posting editor.  From there you can see all your previous attachments (and other content) and re-use it in future threads/replies.

I re-enabled the mobile skin on here that comes "out of the box", but it's a pretty slimline forum browser.

The reason I tend to force the "full site" is because it has a lot more going on than just the forums and the "forum only" users tend to favor Tapatalk for forum browsing.

The "full site" skin is responsive so it will resize automatically based on the device and users can zoom in and out like you would with other mobile apps.

I don't care either way but it does make this site a little different than others, and catches your eye when you first log in. Maybe just keep it with pic's as a slide show etc without stories attached. And as members submit different pic's in various threads change them out every couple weeks or so which may make them feel more involved or part of the site jmo

Edited by Silver Belly62