IGNORED

Your out of state rifle....

nmc02

2 hours ago, Cousin Brown said:

My #1 rifle was my Ruger M77 MarkII in .270 win.  Custom Hart Barrel & blue printed.  My number 2 was a Weatherby .257 Vanguard.  They are now safe queens.  My current rifle Im using now is a Ruger M77 I had custom built into a 6.5x55 Swede.    Looking for a custom .243..........:up:

Hart Barrels is making my custom .243 among 25 other current customer projects.

12 hours ago, Jim_ said:

For about 30 years I used a 700 BDL .308. Then I switched to a smaller Browning .270.  Now I use a Browning BLR .243 lever gun. It's just for whitetails in Pa.  The older I get, the littler gun I like. 

Just read an article comparing the 6.5 to the  243. Very surprised. The  243 did very well if used on certain hunts, especially deer. The only time the 6.5 shined was on long range shots because of the heavier bullet. 

Edited by archer36

10 hours ago, gobblergetter said:

Remington 700 bdl in 7mm rem mag.

160 gr.Nosler Partition hand loads

Something about Nosler Partitions that just kill animals. The nose disintegrates but the back end keeps going. 

I used 180 gr in my .308 in South Africa and killed 6 animals with one shot each.  My Outfitter in Newfoundland recommended them. 

Edited by archer36

Just a word of advice to those going on Guided hunts. The guide may not allow you to chamber a round till you are going to shoot. This can be a problem if you are hunting animals at close range. The sound of the bolt slamming on a pump gun can alert them. 

I learned this the hard way when I hunted moose in Newfoundland.