IGNORED

Your out of state rifle....

nmc02

My #1 rifle was my Ruger M77 MarkII in .270 win.  Custom Hart Barrel & blue printed.  My number 2 was a Weatherby .257 Vanguard.  They are now safe queens.  My current rifle Im using now is a Ruger M77 I had custom built into a 6.5x55 Swede.    Looking for a custom .243..........:up:

Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen. :cheers:

I have and use multiple but I always come back to the one and only…. 7600 carbine deluxe in 06. Trijicon accupoint 3x9 with the green single post reticle. Nothing is faster when your in the big woods and you have to lay down some lead. With that said I do really enjoy carrying my tikka 7mm-08 but nothing is faster getting on target then my carbine. 

3 hours ago, LanceinNJ said:

I'm heading to SK in November for a rare rifle hunt. I'm taking my Model 70 in 7x57 and a Pre-64 Model 70 in .270 I inherited from my dad as a back up.

I wouldn't bring a back up. Hard enough to get a gun up there thru customs and not lost in the airport. Guides have back up guns for such the situation. 

LET EM GO SO HE CAN GROW

Up until this past year it was my Savage model 110 in 7mmMag. Dropped everything from whitetail to sheep to elk.  This past season I passed that on to my son and started hunting with my Christensen Arms Ridgeline in 6.5PRC.  Haven’t killed anything but steel targets so far but consistent out to 750 yards. 

1 minute ago, hvnj said:

Up until this past year it was my Savage model 110 in 7mmMag. Dropped everything from whitetail to sheep to elk.  This past season I passed that on to my son and started hunting with my Christensen Arms Ridgeline in 6.5PRC.  Haven’t killed anything but steel targets so far but consistent out to 750 yards. 

Nice. You like your Christensen arms?? Did you do the recommended barrel break in?? I have two CA Mesa rifles in 6.5 cm. Still haven't shot in 3 years.

1 minute ago, nmc02 said:

Nice. You like your Christensen arms?? Did you do the recommended barrel break in?? I have two CA Mesa rifles in 6.5 cm. Still haven't shot in 3 years.

So far I love it.  I didn’t break it in exactly per their recommendations but followed it to some degree.  Couldn’t tell you exactly as that was 2 years ago.  I’ve large just been using the hornaday ammo and the rifle is very consistent with the eldx so far.  I took two long range classes at Hudson farms and was hitting the steel target at 900 yrds with a 15 power Leupold scope.  I hunt a pipeline in PA with 500 yard shots and would be comfortable taking that shot with this rifle. The recoil is nothing and the rifle is light. 

I own several 760/7600/Model Six rifles and factory carbines. My go to guns are a synthetic 7600 Carbine topped with a Leupold 1.5 x 5 and a 760 Rifle topped with a Leupold 2.5 x 8. I recently picked up the Synthetic 7600 Carbine in like new condition for $750.00 at my local gun shop. It is a great little gun to keep on the front seat of my truck while running traplines in northern Maine.

Most of my adult life it was my pre-64 Winchester model 70 in 7mm Rem. mag topped with a 2.5-7x Leupold. The last two years it’s been a Kimber Hunter in .257 Roberts topped with a 3-9 Leupold. It seemed crazy to me to shoot a gun capable of killing a whitetail at 1,000 yards at a deer well under 100 yards away. Hence the diminutive.257 which is all the gun I’ll ever need for NY or PA woods.