IGNORED

Point Pleasant Fishing Access and Boat Ramp are OPEN

point-pleasant-canal-sign.jpg

The major renovations are complete and the Point Pleasant Fishing Access and Boat Ramp Site is now reopen to the public.

Improvements include new fencing along the canal, a new concrete boat ramp, improved parking for both trailers and anglers accessing the fishing area, a new extended fishing dock and a dock for launching boats.

A living shoreline utilizing native plantings and controlling erosion caused by runoff from the onsite pond has also been created.

Point Pleasant Fishing Access

View the full article

Ramp is too small for most boats to the angle you have to pull in and back up to the ramp. Half the parking lot now is reserved for handicapped parking. There's only room for 4 trucks with trailers to park. Catering now more to bird watching than ramp access. Thanks for this disaster.

Edited by Zipper

"All men die, not all men really live". WW

1 minute ago, Zipper said:

Ramp is too small for most boats for to the angle you have to pull in and back up to the ramp. Half the parking lot now is reserved for handicapped parking. There's only room for 4 trucks with trailers to park. Catering now more to bird watching than ramp access. Thanks for this disaster.

Mike I’m getting a feeling you not a fan of the project 😂

AWM

Seems to be their whole program anymore. They are starting an “improvement” of the tuckahoe boat ramp as well. The ramp is completely usable as it. But they are adding a floating dock and bull head which only benefits guys with bigger boats. Which means saltwater fishermen who currently are not paying any money to the division in the form of license or permit fees. Why not use the money to improve habitat (something other than mowing trails for birders) or for purchasing new properties to preserve and increase opportunities for those of us paying into the system 

42 minutes ago, Bubblehead said:

The ramp is completely usable as it. But they are adding a floating dock and bull head which only benefits guys with bigger boats

I totally get where your coming from.

But I have to say, I hope they get a good floating dock there.   My 80-year old dad has a duck boat but can only launch at a place with floating docks 'cause he can't climb in and out of a boat from standing in the water, I have to help him and he needs floating docks to do it. So there's at least one duck hunter that would benefit from this. I hope they have it ready by next season. We'd use it to launch for some fishing from there too.

51 minutes ago, Bubblehead said:

Seems to be their whole program anymore. They are starting an “improvement” of the tuckahoe boat ramp as well. The ramp is completely usable as it. But they are adding a floating dock and bull head which only benefits guys with bigger boats. Which means saltwater fishermen who currently are not paying any money to the division in the form of license or permit fees. Why not use the money to improve habitat (something other than mowing trails for birders) or for purchasing new properties to preserve and increase opportunities for those of us paying into the system 

Yup. They have tons of the money burn on “capital improvements”!  Such BS. The money can be spent so much more effectively but it’s earmarked for capital improvements. Never understood this kind of waste of money. 

They paved dirt roads that lead to the boat ramps at the Assunpink WMA tracts…u shud see the litter n Coney Island white fish that lay all over the parking lot by non license buyer dirt bags partying in the lot.  The previous dirt roads they wudnt dare drive their dumbass Fast n Furious cars down. The stupidity is beyond belief. Wonder if it’s corrupt contracts that are the root of all this. 

as for the canal ramp…incredibly it’s the only public ramp in that whole area…& if u have a small boat…good luck getting to the Manasquan river!  There is no public ramp along the Manasquan!!

Down in Florida there is a public ramp around every corner!!

1 hour ago, Bonefreak said:

Yup. They have tons of the money burn on “capital improvements”!  Such BS. The money can be spent so much more effectively but it’s earmarked for capital improvements. Never understood this kind of waste of money. 

They paved dirt roads that lead to the boat ramps at the Assunpink WMA tracts…u shud see the litter n Coney Island white fish that lay all over the parking lot by non license buyer dirt bags partying in the lot.  The previous dirt roads they wudnt dare drive their dumbass Fast n Furious cars down. The stupidity is beyond belief. Wonder if it’s corrupt contracts that are the root of all this. 

as for the canal ramp…incredibly it’s the only public ramp in that whole area…& if u have a small boat…good luck getting to the Manasquan river!  There is no public ramp along the Manasquan!!

Down in Florida there is a public ramp around every corner!!

Alit of the improvements are done with grants and funds can only be used for biat ramp improvements.   As to public Ramos every where in florida we could have them to but guys refuse to allow even a 15 dollar saltwater lisence and we are loosing so much money in grants

6 hours ago, vdep217 said:

Alit of the improvements are done with grants and funds can only be used for biat ramp improvements.   As to public Ramos every where in florida we could have them to but guys refuse to allow even a 15 dollar saltwater lisence and we are loosing so much money in grants

A 2 dollar license to get an actual # of salt water fishing would pay back millions in excise tax payouts .

‘but guys just don’t seem to get it .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, hammer4reel said:

A 2 dollar license to get an actual # of salt water fishing would pay back millions in excise tax payouts .

‘but guys just don’t seem to get it .

Absolutely!  Most of us intelligent and reasonable fishermen would gladly pay towards conservation and management practices for the passions we love….it’s the old salt mentality that the sea should be free….welp….they are dying off…& this topic need to be revisited every year til it gets done. 

a big blame for it not being done already falls on fish n game, the federation, & any other conservation groups and clubs, & even fellow sportsman for not educating the public, license buying constituents, etc and gaining unanimous support and understanding that the money would be dedicated to go back to our states natural resources!  Duh!!  It really is a no brainer at this point in state history and mind blowing it hasn’t happened yet.  Always burns me when fishin gear and knowing the federal excise tax I pay is going to a state with a salt water license and not back to Jersey!!

39 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Absolutely!  Most of us intelligent and reasonable fishermen would gladly pay towards conservation and management practices for the passions we love….it’s the old salt mentality that the sea should be free….welp….they are dying off…& this topic need to be revisited every year til it gets done. 

a big blame for it not being done already falls on fish n game, the federation, & any other conservation groups and clubs, & even fellow sportsman for not educating the public, license buying constituents, etc and gaining unanimous support and understanding that the money would be dedicated to go back to our states natural resources!  Duh!!  It really is a no brainer at this point in state history and mind blowing it hasn’t happened yet.  Always burns me when fishin gear and knowing the federal excise tax I pay is going to a state with a salt water license and not back to Jersey!!

Amen. Guys running around in quarter million dollar center consoles burning $500 in fuel a day can’t be bothered to kick in $25 a year. Pathetic.

10 hours ago, Mallard1100 said:

Maybe I’m missing something here ….where are the pics of the finished project? All these links posted with an article and a picture of just the sign? 😂. Also if what stated is true by zipper, what exactly did this even do for access at all? 

It gave better access to bird watchers and those that go there just to hangout.  This is typical of NJDFW. Look no further than manahawkin WMA as an example. I know a bunch of people that have pled with the division to do some habitat improvement to the impoundments so that maybe some ducks will use them again. Instead all that gets done is paving the road and mowing down the phragmites to ensure the bird watchers are able to easily see.