IGNORED

Tactacam Reveal lithium rechargeable battery pack

allmann

10 hours ago, allmann said:

I'm tired of buying batteries. I bought the solar panel and it seems to work well. I am wondering if it would be better off paired with the rechargeable battery packs.  Do any of you have any experience with these?  Thanks in advance

With solar and battery pack I only have to charge once every 8 months remember to face panel to the south. And I get a lot of pics some days 400-500 a camera 

I use a few battery packs without a solar connection, and I think they suck. 
Very short charge life compared to regular batteries, but I guess if you consider you only buy it once as opposed to batteries, it’s a cost saving.

However, don’t forget that unless you hook it to solar, you can’t just have one lithium pack, you’ll need two for each cam unless you want to go through the trouble of removing the lithium pack, taking it home to charge, then bringing back the next day to replace it. Or you use regular batts as a temp replacement while the lithium pack is charging. 

Smitty's reply is on point

My cameras are in deep woods with very little direct sunlight, I have the lithium packs and started using them this past fall, for me they lasted for months. They will last as long as how the camera is set up to send. I have mine set up to send twice per day, remember it takes more power to connect to the server and send then it takes to take a picture 

31 minutes ago, BHC said:

Smitty's reply is on point

My cameras are in deep woods with very little direct sunlight, I have the lithium packs and started using them this past fall, for me they lasted for months. They will last as long as how the camera is set up to send. I have mine set up to send twice per day, remember it takes more power to connect to the server and send then it takes to take a picture 

I get to many pics so mine are set on real time. Also I should have mentioned they are the sk models. Not sure if that matters or not. That being said I couldn’t be happier with them