IGNORED

MORTGAGE FINANCING

Bergen Rick

18 hours ago, nmc02 said:

what is 30 yr rate w no points???

Terrible enough for the mortgage guys to come into a hunting forum trying to lure in business 

Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad. And then I think, "Aw, who cares?" And then I think, "Hey, what's for supper?"

10 minutes ago, delvalhunter said:

Terrible enough for the mortgage guys to come into a hunting forum trying to lure in business 

What’s wrong with him posting his services? I just bought a new home and am in the process of selling mine now. Demand is still high, and inventory is very low. Having your mortgage figured out is critical when you make an offer on a home, especially when you’re trying to navigate high interest rates. 

2 hours ago, BHC said:

You all should of refinanced when the rates dropped and took advantage of it

That's what I  did when rates dropped to 7% from my 9.5% mortgage after rates had been in the double digits . Actually took out a 5year equity loan to pay off the mortgage in 5 years instead of the remaining 17 years.  Didnt have to pay any fees to do it.

What really made me do it was when my bank sold the mortgage to another bank and they wanted escrow for my taxes and insurance.   They overcharged me so much that in 3 months they had enough in escrow to cover me for a year then were late paying my taxes and I  got charged the late fee. Wrote them 6 times then stopped paying the escrow but they took it from my mortgage payment and sent me a delinquent notice

Edited by Greybeard

18 minutes ago, BHC said:

2009 when I purchased my house I got 4% fixed, few years ago rates dropped I jumped on it, got 2.2%

I'm at 2.5% with a few years left. Unfortunately the wife found a house around the block that she " just loves " and is entertaining selling and buying. I love a good adventure but not this crap... 

@nmc02

I would ask your current lender if they can break your existing mortgage and remortgage the balance at the new rates/terms. There is usually a fee but no points and no closing. I re-did mine in 2021 going from a 30 year to a 15 year. I pay a little more but my term is less and the saving was close to 145K.

Edited by electric10162

14 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

@nmc02

I would ask your current lender if they can break your existing mortgage and remortgage the balance at the new rates/terms. There is usually a fee but no points and no closing. I re-did mine in 2021 going from a 30 year to a 15 year. I pay a little more but my term is less and the saving was close to 145K.

Luckily my rate is very low and only have 14 years left on mine.