IGNORED

Lone wolf Aluminum broadheads

hammer4reel

The design isn't so innovative as much as the use of aluminum. On most one-piece BH's, they are milled out of some kind of steel. I'm sure they will be very expensive. Can't kill any better than a dozen other heads out there already.

I think the BH game is all played out. It's all gimmicky now. Various versions of different styles exist. The only thing that distinguishes one from another is durability and flight. 

If you make an effort, you can find high quality heads for around $20 a three pack. They will kill as good as ones costing $20 a head. If you plan on shooting one or no arrows in a season, I guess the high cost is not so important. 

I just bought 2- 3 packs of Trophy Taker Shuttle T Locks for $12 a pack.

I'm going in the opposite direction next season. Small diameter fixed head as opposed to large cut mechanicals. 

T-Locks are a highly rated head that's been around for over 20 years and will kill as good as any head on the market. 

Edited by archer36

I would consider these for sure. The design is no different than my favorite VPA head, the 125gr non-vented. I know you had issues with thread length but never an issue for me.  Best penetrating head I ever shot.   The VPA 125 vented hiss too much for my liking. 

The only difference with these are the materials used.   I am not sure how easily they will sharpen or hold an edge - or how they will hold up on bone. 

The COC fixed blade that interests me more, is the 1 1/4" COC VPA vented.  If they do not hiss, and can be tuned, that extra 1/4 " of cut diameter is nice.  

They also are now offering a 125 SS vented in 1 1/8", looks slightly longer profile than my ones that hiss. 

One thing for certain, self-sharpening COC heads are not for everyone.  Most complaints I hear, are folks just cannot get them sharp same as a factory replacement blade.  I suspect these LW heads may fall into that same boat. 

https://www.vparchery.com/broadheads?Grain+Weight=125

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

3 hours ago, archer36 said:

The design isn't so innovative as much as the use of aluminum. On most one-piece BH's, they are milled out of some kind of steel. I'm sure they will be very expensive. Can't kill any better than a dozen other heads out there already.

I think the BH game is all played out. It's all gimmicky now. Various versions of different styles exist. The only thing that distinguishes one from another is durability and flight. 

If you make an effort, you can find high quality heads for around $20 a three pack. They will kill as good as ones costing $20 a head. If you plan on shooting one or no arrows in a season, I guess the high cost is not so important. 

I just bought 2- 3 packs of Trophy Taker Shuttle T Locks for $12 a pack.

I'm going in the opposite direction next season. Small diameter fixed head as opposed to large cut mechanicals. 

T-Locks are a highly rated head that's been around for over 20 years and will kill as good as any head on the market. 

Those Trophy Taker heads are solid and proven.  Can't go wrong.  I shot their other head for a few years, even more compact, before I went to the VPAs.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1007528761     

Edited by JHbowhunter

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….